April 9th Agenda for Indianapolis Area Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

Hope everone is doing great and ready for spring. Our upcoming IAP pen turning chapter meeting April 9th at 10:00am is just around the corner. I thought it would best to send out a reminder now so you can make your plans to be there.
We have three demos planned at this time. Beginning pen turning for those who are just starting or want to get started. This would be a great time for you to bring and friend and introduce them to the pen turning addiction. This demo will be done by Bill Bettag. Bill has been turning pens for several years and does demo's at Rocklers on a regular basis. Secondly Mike Kennedy of Indy-Pen-Dance will be doing a demo on turning between centers. In other words turning pens without a pen mandrel. I will take your pen turning to a new level. Very simple process and makes your turning much more accurate. Johnnycnc of IAP fame should be there with some of his turning between center bushings to get you started. And the third is Photography Demo by joefyffe. Joe is a experienced photographer and I am sure he will be able to help those of us who are struggling to get that perfect photo. You can see some of his photos at pensofluxury.com.
I am sure Mike and Linda from indy-pen-dance.com will have some of their first class products. We'll have a few door prizes but were always looking for more so and if you have something you want to donate for a door prize that would be great.
Don't forget the PEN SWAP. Bring a complete pen or a pen kit and blank. We will have a time to draw numbers and you can pick the pen or kit that you want. You must bring a pen or kit to participate in this.
Another thing we want to try is "share a shop idea". I am sure all of us have that special tip or tool that makes things easier or more fun in your shop. Maybe it a storage idea for your pen kits or parts, a tool you use, a method to document your pens, a secret supplier, a super website, I think you get the idea. Bring that "tip" and we will have a time to share them. I am sure we all can learn something. Don't forget to bring any material or tools that you may want to sale or trade. We will have some tables set up for that. Bring some of you're completed pens for a display table. No matter what you skill level we all like to see each other pens!
Of course we will have our snacks and drinks. Don't forget your $3.00 if possible to help us offset the cost for the snacks.*

Get out in the shop and starting turning your pen swap pen!

The meeting will be at the same location as the last one the Avon Parkside Church of the Nazarene located at 47 North C.R. 625 East in Avon, IN. Thanks to Dan Mechuta we have an excellent place to meet.

Let us know your coming!

See you on the 9th,
rej19

Top Bottom