Anybody going to the Woodworking Show?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

Just checking to see if any of you Indy folk are going to the Woodworking Show at the State Fairgrounds in Indy this weekend. I hope to check it out Friday afternoon. Hopefully the snow will stop by then!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Hey anyone have any ideas about food? The food at the fairgrounds can at best be called edible. The local area around the fairgrounds is not real safe. And by God the Tee Pee is no longer around. :mad:

rej19

The company I work for does a lot of work at the fairgrounds so I am in the area a lot. Murphys Steak House on Keystone Ave about the 4200 block has been around for a long time and we eat there for lunch occasionally. Of course if you go further north on Keystone your in the Broadripple Area and there are a ton of places around there. I went to the show around lunch time today and there was a decent crowd. If you have been before it is about the same. I was hoping Logs to Lumber would have been there but they weren't. There was another wood supplier there but the name escapes me, which is not uncommen anymore! Have fun.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Hey anyone have any ideas about food? The food at the fairgrounds can at best be called edible. The local area around the fairgrounds is not real safe. And by God the Tee Pee is no longer around. :mad:
Good Mexican food on 62nd east of College, across from Union Jacks. Like Ron said, lots of good places. Sorry, the name of the place has escaped both of our memories. But, you can look it up.

Hope you all enjoy the show. I don't think they will be coming to North Port :mad:

IPD_Mrs

Thanks guys. Just looking for a "safe" area to dine if we see fit. The area the fairgrounds is in is questionable at best. Even Glendale and Broadripple have their issues.

76winger

I've been kicking around the idea of going, but haven't committed yet. Will probably decide by breakfast tomorrow. I went last year and came away with a lot of good info, a couple turning tools and bag full of blanks. But I'm watching the budget this year and having recently upgraded my photo equipment, I might have forgo the show just to reduce temptation. We'll see what I decide after I sleep on it.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well, I'm hittin the road early. Good thing I'm packing heat on this trip. And i always thought the city was safe:eek:

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Ron you're quick! My wife saw you, told me where you were...When I got there you were gone! Loved the show. Probably will go back Sunday!

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Larry don't quote me, But I think Mike moved to tennessee and his shop is in Evansville. I haven't talked to him since the move so I'm not 100% positive.

lpierce65

I missed the Meeting we had there we were setting up for a fireworks display that day. Monrovia was relative close and I was hoping to make it over there sometime to shop.

rej19

Dave, fortunately I am able to get in free and don't have to pay to park. Like Mike said the show seems to be on a decline. If your looking for the great deal it probably is not there. They had a few demo for different woodworking techniques that were probably helpful (I didn't attend any). I just enjoy walking around a looking at some of the different tools etc. In other words for me I can take it or leave it. It just depends on what else I am doing that day.

76winger

Dave, fortunately I am able to get in free and don't have to pay to park. Like Mike said the show seems to be on a decline. If your looking for the great deal it probably is not there. They had a few demo for different woodworking techniques that were probably helpful (I didn't attend any). I just enjoy walking around a looking at some of the different tools etc. In other words for me I can take it or leave it. It just depends on what else I am doing that day.

That was my impression when I went last year. I did enjoy watching some demonstrations, but felt if it was going to be about the same thing that my time might be better spend elsewhere.

I ended stopping in an Rockler, because I had a couple things I needed and figured I'd take advantage of the sale they had going on for the weekend. And I bumped into Bill, doing a demo, and chatted with him for a bit while I was there.

Vigil-Scouter

I went last year but was rushed by family with me. this year I went Saturday afternoon for 4 hours. Saw about all I could want. It is enjoyable and I saw a few new tools and/or ideas, but yeah, I could take it or leave it. There really are not any BIG savings deals there. I picked up a couple things from Kreg and want to get a few other things I saw. I agree that the show seems to be a little more disappointing and same as last year each year. That really sadens me. I hope it comes back and with a passion.

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
I agree on the savings and the smaller show. Last year I had the chance to see this same woodworking show in Kansas City KS, as I have friends living very near in K.S., MO. I saw the show about a month after our show. It was MUCH larger than ours. Probably because of the larger market and all, but I tam sure the prices were better there on the same woodowrking machines and tools. Maybe what the market will bare? Certainly the woods and tools both small and large selection were much larger. There were more CNC and table saws in operation out there. I told my friends that I was very envious of their show.....We get dumped on again(?)!
Randy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went last year but was rushed by family with me. this year I went Saturday afternoon for 4 hours. Saw about all I could want. It is enjoyable and I saw a few new tools and/or ideas, but yeah, I could take it or leave it. There really are not any BIG savings deals there. I picked up a couple things from Kreg and want to get a few other things I saw. I agree that the show seems to be a little more disappointing and same as last year each year. That really sadens me. I hope it comes back and with a passion.

Top Bottom