2014 Fall Meeting AAR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redneckmedic

I just wanted to take a second and thank everyone who was able to make it out to this mornings meeting. Us getting together doing some demos checking out our vendors, and just hanging out doing some old fashioned shop talk has been a long time coming.

However there is a lot of hard work ahead in our future to make this club what many of the more seasoned members say it once was. This AAR (after actions report) is a great place to voice your opinion both what you liked and where you see room for improvement.

Also please feel free to post any pictures you have of today meeting. As always please contact me through PM or direct email for any questions, concerns, ideas, or ambitions for volunteering.

I will not also forget to thank the many people who work very hard to bring this together:

The officer board-
Janet Henry - Demo's and Vendors
Larry Pierce - Secretary
Dan Mechuta - Treasurer and provides ALL the house keeping.

Vendors:
Rockler
Woodcraft
WoodTurningz
Northwest Lumber
Bob Hammond

All of the above vendors donated many dollars worth of free stuff or gift cards.

And also those who volunteered your time providing your equipment and knowledge at the demo stations.

If I'm forgetting someone I am deeply deeply sorry.

Mark your calendar next meeting is March 14, 2015.... SPOILER - we will be having a green pen contest of some type... details to come.

Matthew Heithoff
Indiana Chapter Director
redneckmedic1@gmail.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wooly

Had a great time!

It was good to spend time with people with a common interest. It was also good to see what other turners have created. Perhaps next spring we could have a table set up with a special pen we have created. The pen with a card by it would allow other turners know who to created it and find how it was created. Judged or not it could be a inspiration to try something new.

Wooly

twinsen

I was the one with the Robert Sorby Pro-Edge sharpener. I was worried I was going to lug it all the way down there for nothing, but I found that there was a lot of interest in it. I had a lot of fun re-profiling a really messed up bowl gouge, and a skew that someone brought. I noticed that there were others that had brought there tools. If I am able to make it to the next meeting I would be willing to bring it again so people can take for a spin and sharpen their own tools. Just put me at the top of the list for a Rockler gift card so I can put it toward more abrasive belts, HA! :)

I really liked seeing all the different pens people brought. I also enjoyed the focus on blanks there and would like to see more of it. Walked away with some Corian true stone which I never thought I would be interested in. Good to meet all of you.

I liked that woodcraft showed up but was bummed there wasn't a special discount. :(

76winger

Hi guys,

As Chapter photographer I want to let everyone know I got lots of good pictures at the meeting and will have them posted in the next day or so. Normally in the past I've had them posted the night of the meeting, but important work around the house and a birthdy celebration has cut my time short on post processing and getting them uploaded for all to see. Lord willing I should have them up Monday evening. Please accept my apologies for the delay.

Top Bottom