Where I got my dust control cyclone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gomeral

Since a couple of you guys asked at the chapter meeting, I finally remembered to look in my records to identify where I bought my dust control cyclone.

I bought a full-size cyclone and the mini (shop-vac) sized one from Ed Morgano at www.clearvuecyclones.com. The small one is the Mini CV06, which apparently is now $120 (!) and I bought a CV1800 right-hand model at the same time. The CV1800 is in storage, I can't wait until I get a real shop!!!! :mad:

Anyway, hope this helps you guys. If any of you decide to call Ed (great guy, he was very helpful on the phone), let him know I sent you. He won't remember me, but I bought my stuff in Sep '07.

Regards,

daniel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

My cyclone is also from Clearvue. I bought it last year. I have the size that fits on top of a 5 gallon paint bucket. I can move it from tool to tool in my small working space. They are great company, very helpful. I had several phone conversations with the owner and he helped me figure out how to set it up for my particular situation. It picks up all the dust, chips, etc. I made a dust collector that it attached so that it is able to pick up everything as I turn. Very little dust in my shop because the cyclone works so well.

rb765

Thanks Daniel. I will have to order one as soon as I replace my shopvac. It will be next in line after I replace my bandsaw. BTW, sent you a PM unrelated to this post.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
OK Cindy, fess up. How did you make your pickup so it grabs the chips as they fly? I've tried several ways and even with my 2HP dust collector it misses more than it gets.

Pictures please?

GK

nava1uni

Greg,
I took a plastic storage box and attached it to my lathe. I drilled a hole i the middle of the box and put a plywood piece around the hole to make it sturdy. I then inserted an connector for my Rigid shop vac. On the outside of the box I attach the hose from the cyclone and on the inside of the box I attach a Rigid vacuum attachment that came with the vacuum. You can also buy it separately. It has an upturned end and I aim that up and just behind and below the work. With the vacuum on, most of the dust and chips are sucked up and separated into the cyclone and the rest goes into the vacuum. I have put a link to Home Depot so you can see the attachment. http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100081216 It is in the middle right as you are looking at the picture. If you click on the picture you can zoom and get a better idea of the attachment. I don't have enough light to get any good pictures of it at night, but I will take some and post them by the weekend. I hope this makes sense. The box is my third version of this piece. The first two were useless, but this seems to work well. I want to build/design a better way to attach it to the lathe. It might work better if it were made from sheet metal, but I like being able to see through it and it has no sharp edges.

Dave_M

Yeah I've been eyeballing the clearvue mini cyclone. I'd like to go full blown dust collector but my space is limited.

nava1uni

You won't be sorry. I really find my works great. My shop vac filter stays clean a lot longer and my shop really does not have dust floating around. I made an attachment that I use on my band saw and drill press. I will try to post pictures this weekend.

Dave_M

You won't be sorry. I really find my works great. My shop vac filter stays clean a lot longer and my shop really does not have dust floating around. I made an attachment that I use on my band saw and drill press. I will try to post pictures this weekend.

Thanks Cindy. I would like to see your pics. My Clearvue Mini is supposed to be here on Thursday and I'm looking forward to playing with the new toy.

Top Bottom