Want some wood?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

Hi all,

On June 17th (Wed) in the afternoon, I have a tree service coming to do a 50% reduction on a huge Mulberry tree on my property as well as a smaller liquid amber tree.

I'm certainly not going to let them pitch the whole thing in a chipper!

So who wants to join me with a chain saw (I don't own one and have never used one) and cut up some wood? Anybody want to give me a crash course in using a chain saw? (Youtube here I come) Or let me borrow a chain saw?

I guess Mulberry keeps really well and we could divvy it up at the August meeting. I definitely want to turn some of it while it's wet. Turning wet wood is absolutely fun!

Marty

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi all,

On June 17th (Wed) in the afternoon, I have a tree service coming to do a 50% reduction on a huge Mulberry tree on my property as well as a smaller liquid amber tree.

I'm certainly not going to let them pitch the whole thing in a chipper!

So who wants to join me with a chain saw (I don't own one and have never used one) and cut up some wood? Anybody want to give me a crash course in using a chain saw? (Youtube here I come) Or let me borrow a chain saw?

I guess Mulberry keeps really well and we could divvy it up at the August meeting. I definitely want to turn some of it while it's wet. Turning wet wood is absolutely fun!
Marty

I wish I was closer, I'm low on Mulberry and running on fumes with the Liquid Amber.

Oh...! and I have plenty of chainsaws...!:)

Oh well, someone else will have all the fun...!:frown::biggrin:

Good luck,
Cheers
George

MartinPens

I will pull larger trunks to the side and perhaps map out some cuts over the weekend. I would like to turn some while it's wet. I need to do a little research on what I need to treat the open ends. I know there is stuff to buy and others use paint of some sort.

Top Bottom