Today's meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

I want to thank Greg and Kim for their wonderful hospitality today. The get together was great. We learned more about sharpening, traded wood, ate great food and made pendants. The weather was HOT!, but the company was good. I love these get togethers, always learn a lot and it is fun to talk with other turners.
Thanks to everyone who could make it and to those who couldn't, hope you can make it next time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

Greg & Kim were great hosts -- It was a small gathering of pen Turner! with one new turner from SJ Darci. Greg deminstrated gouge sharping and pendent turning. Cindy was correct about the HOT! weather but the meeting was great with friends!

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks all for coming, it was a blast (furnace)! Seriously, it was good company and good fun!!

And thanks for the viddles... Darci, thanks for the crazy brownies. Bill, for the amazing 'tater salad. Jay and Cindy for the fixens for the hot dogs and burgers. But you weren't supposed to leave it all behind. I don't know what we will do with all that ketchup and mustard. Maybe Jay can cast it in a blank for me. :biggrin::eek::confused:

Start thinking about dates in/around January for the next one. That will be another 4 months so we will be doing a get together thirdiary (like quarterly but different).

GK

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Hi John,

1) a belated "Welcome" to IAP and now to the North/Central California group.
2) I'm sorry you missed the get together. But we will have another one probably in January.

If you click on our Sub-Forum you will be able to select "Forum Tools" from the top right menu and within that you can select "subscribe to this forum". With that selected you will get an email any time there is a new thread created in the forum so you will see any future announcements.

Similarly you can select "Thread tools: subscribe to this thread" in any particular thread you find interesting.

I hope to hear more from you and see you at the next meeting!

Greg
SubForum Admin Flunky

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Washington is a nice place, most of the time. Growing up in HI I was used to the rain (just MUCH warmer rain) and it was very beautiful up there!

GK

John M

i check the site all the time, just must have missed it. I will subscribe now. My sister lives up in Port Orchard, it is a nice area, but crappy weather.

gomeral

Man, I missed it! I've been out of pocket for a while now, so I've missed out on a lot of news here. (Greg, how's the arm?) The good news is that the little guy is happy and healthy, the MIL is recovering from the latest family emergency, and the house we moved into is starting to look like a house instead of a storage unit. If I can get everything back into place in the next month or so, I might be able to make some pens for the holidays this year! ;)

daniel

P.S. I'll try to check more frequently, but any guesses on when the next one may be scheduled?

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Hiya Daniel,

Long time no see/read! My arm is doing very well. Nearly full flexibility in every direction now. Thanks for asking!

I'm thinking that the next meeting should be sometime in January. That would be four months and continue our 3x per year pattern we seem to have developed.

GK

Top Bottom