Time for some fun!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

I am going to host a get together for those who wish to come over and talk about turning, share info, ideas, etc on the 31st of March. I encourage anyone who is interested to let me know if they can make it. I have two tables, a canopy, two lathes, and enthusiasm to share. I would need chairs, some ideas for lunch or snacks and willingness to discuss ideas and develop them.

:biggrin: Time for some fun! :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

I would welcome you with open arms, open mind, and enthusiasm. Newbies are always welcome. We generally start around 10 or 11 and go all day.

Last edited:

ldubia

not you...them. Its been really slow on here lately. Not sure why. You are still welcome to come up and meet. There will most likely be a few here. I live in the redwoods so you might (probably) go home with something interesting to play with.

I should be there. Sometimes its hard to plan schedule that far in advance, but right now there is nothing conflicting.

Looking forward to seeing everybody.

darcisowers

Hi Larry, I haven't responded, because we've been trying to go ski whenever there is snow....except we have ski-conflicts for the next three weekends. If there's no new snow that week, we'll be there for sure.

I'll bring the brownies.

ldubia

Allrighty then!!! Sandwiches are a great idea. Everyone should be aware there is always woods for sale cheap so keep room for it.

I even have a demo planned. Something interesting. Actually two things. We could use a second EZ-up for the driveway as mine will be up in one of them. Any ideas for the discussions? Wants and needs for the meeting? If there is anything anyone needs info on or wants to see, please speak up so we can arrange for it or at least plan something around it.

Also bring ideas for a challenge project. Something new to wreak havoc on our skills and push us to the next level. we may have some new people coming by. I have been talking to many new folks getting into the process who want to know more. I have invited them to come.

Food:

Darcy...Brownies

Sandwich fixins?
Drinks?
Condiments?
Potato/macaroni/whatever dish(s)?
Paper plates, plastic ware, napkins?
Anything else to add?

Last edited:

ldubia

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. It's been too long. For those who can't make it, you will be missed and I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Dave_M

Hey guys,
Sorry I've been off the air for a while. I haven't even touched the lathe since December. I Actually started a pen out of Ovangkol a while back that I need to finish. Beautiful piece of wood.

Larry, I got your message and I'm sorry I haven't returned your call. Been busy dealing with some personal stuff. I'll try to call you in the next few days just to say hi if nothing else.

Wish I could make the meeting. It would be great to see everyone again and get inspired by all your great turnings. I'm ready to get busy on the lathe again. Unfortunately I have surgery scheduled for the 30th so I'll be in the hospital recovering on that Saturday. Do me a favor and post up some pics. I'll be watching the forum from the hospital bed.

Dave

ldubia

Sorry to hear you will be undergoing surgery. I, (surely all of us,) hope everything will go well and you will recover very quickly. I will be sure to get [pics from several angles to show the group not present and those recovering in hospital what they missed so they can share in the fun. I am planning a couple of demos to share with the group. Get well soon. Oh, and I think I have figured out the Qualalaq issue. Definitely user error I am sure. I was not using a sealer lacquer under it and the finish was peeling off. It has not been doing this much since. I have also learned a few more tricks for finishing as well.

Get well soon so we can have you share our fun. And don't forget the AAW symposium in June in San Jose.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry

Due to some personal stuff going on I won't be able to make it to this gathering.

I hope you all have a blast. Take lots of pictures please.
Gk

ldubia

This meetiong is going to be even smaller than the others. So far, Cindy and I are meeting. I don't know if Rob from SLO town is coming or not (hope so).

ldubia

Anybody who wants to bring a lathe is encouraged to do so. I have added a circuit to the panel to accommodate extra machines. If not, you are welcome to use my lathe.

I am looking forward to seeing whoever can make the meeting. It will be enjoyable as always and pics will be forthcoming. We will miss those who can't make it for whatever reason. Hope to see you next time.

Top Bottom