Thank you all for a great get together!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dick Mahany

I just wanted to say thank you all for a great get together and also for making a new guy feel so welcome. It was truly a treat. Also thanks to Greg for the hospitality and nice bell demo. It was a lot of fun!

Dick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you for coming, Dick. It was a pleasure meeting you. And thanks for sharing you cool threading setup. Hopefully we will see you at the next gathering too.

ldubia

Thanks to Greg for hosting our group once again, Dick and Mark for joining in the fun, Greg for the Bell demo, Dick for the threading demo, Cindy for assisting in first aid, Jay for the great deals (sorry you are getting out of it), everyone for the good food and friendship, and all around for a wonderful day. I'm already looking forward to the next one.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for coming, folks. It was a ton-o-fun. If you have pictures please post them up.

Here is the bell that I made during the demo. Ken was lucky enough to take it home to his beautiful wife.

attachment.php

attachment.php

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Angela! We wish you could have been here too!

No first aid was necessary due to anything at the gathering. But both Larrys showed up with bandaged and splinted fingers. Luckily nothing permanent on either part but Mr Dubia had an argument with a bandsaw blade and Mr Brooks had a 3-way argument between his finger, the tool-rest of his lathe, and the block of wood that was turning on the lathe.

mharvey

Thanks ever so much for including me...I learned a lot already...

Nice to know there are others with too much time on their hands...and I found scrap materials and made a pressure chamber....not sure how much psi abs piping will hold...however...cast my first cactus....will turn this week.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 175
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 166

gketell

Local Chapter Leader

Nice to know there are others with too much time on their hands...and I found scrap materials and made a pressure chamber....not sure how much psi abs piping will hold...however...cast my first cactus....will turn this week.

Based on charts on this page ABS Pipes - Pressure Ratings I would not ever go above 75 psi. PVC is rated for several hundred psi if you need more. Flip side: when I was casting I used 50 psi and never had a bubble.

Gk

Dick Mahany

Based on charts on this page ABS Pipes - Pressure Ratings I would not ever go above 75 psi. PVC is rated for several hundred psi if you need more. Flip side: when I was casting I used 50 psi and never had a bubble.

Gk

Just a side thought here. Pressure is pressure, but since water is barely compressible, but air is highly compressible, then a failure from excessive air pressure is far more dangerous than a burst from water pressure. Just a consideration for factoring in on the safety margin.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
ust a side thought here. Pressure is pressure, but since water is barely compressible, but air is highly compressible, then a failure from excessive air pressure is far more dangerous than a burst from water pressure. Just a consideration for factoring in on the safety margin.

Very true, Dick. That is one of the reasons I stated my "max pressure" at lower than the lowest on the chart for the 3" pipe he is using. I tend to be Very conservative when it comes to safety. I like all my "bits" right where they are.

mharvey

thanks...solid place for information...I had it at 40-60 ...I still have a minor leak at the threads...I was thinking of fixing...but now...I will leave it there...that way...it will only pump more every few minutes and not have a risk of overpressure...since I throttled the PSI to 50....now i just need to figure why after four hours...at 60 degrees the alumilite was still pliable...guess I will let it sit over night for now on....

Jim Burr

Banned
Remember to that the pressure rating on PVC is fluid only!!! It is not rated for air and that is why there have been lots of threads admonishing this practice!!!

mharvey

I know you all just are dying to see my photo...in my profile...I reduced the size...as directed..but still get an upload failure?

Penl8the

Hello Mark,

Can post larger size for these pictures?

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom