redwood burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

I have a source for some truly magnificent redwood burl. Check out the link below and let me know if anyone wants some. He sells it at $1.50 per lb.

https://redwoodburl.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5

I would need the size you want cut to. This will then be weighed and determine the price from there.

By the way, I make no money on this. I am just passing on a great opportunity for some seriously nice burl.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

I would have to check on that. First to figure out the size I would need, then to have it cut and weighed. It is not that much. I will check and see what is available.

Larger blocks are being cut out right now and is taking a lot of the burl out.

ldubia

I have a block that is 12x12x5.5 that is not good enough for a bowl blank. I can sell that one for $70 including shipping. That will give you a lot more than 20 pen blanks. And it will also be a great deal for them as well. I think there will be enough good wood to make about 80 or 100 pen blanks. What do you think.

ldubia

I have one person who may want it. I am waiting for confirmation. If he does not get back to me today, I will message the total to you with paypal info.

Thanks Dan. Yes indeed it is beautiful. I am amazed at the grain in this stuff.

ldubia

The block has been taken by the person I was waiting on. Payment went through today. I will let you know if there is more. I have to check in with the person cutting it first. I should know within the next few days.

Thanks all. Stay tuned.

ldubia

Ok, there is a LOT more. I can make up boxes of 12x12x5 for sale but they are weighed before priced. Let me know if anyone wants some.

ldubia

He ended up buying some very large pieces here. He paid $615 for them. If you want some I have the small piece originally offered I can send your way. I have others as well I can get cut and boxed but it has to wait until my chainsaw is back.

ldubia

You can get anything you ('ceptin' Alice).
Although shipping would be an issue on large pieces. Usually a 12x12x5 is sufficient for shipping as it fits a large flat rate. There is also the large flat rate "game box" which is wide, long and flat. Those are $16 shipping. The wood goes by weight. I have not cut and weighed the pieces yet.

Top Bottom