Pen supplies in Stockton area

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello,

I am getting tired of driving to Pleasant Hill for Rockler or Sacramento for Woodcraft. I have searched Google and have not been able to find anywhere.

Does anyone know a place in the Stockton/Modesto Area to get lathe supplies (gouges, skews, chucks, etc...) as well as pen kits?

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

I would suggest that you shop online. Sites like Bear Tooth Woods, Wood-n-whimsies, Exotic Blanks, Woodturningz, Packard, Penn State and CSUSA. Good prices and a wide selection among all of them

I have ordered everything online so far. However, I have had a few rush orders for special items and overnight shipping is cost prohibitive. I just hate doing the 1+ hour drive to the current WoodCraft or Rockler for a 5 minute purchase.

nava1uni

I understand. I live in San Francisco and have to do the same thing since Rockler is out in Concord and Woodcraft is in San Carlos. Nothing close. I find that CSUSA usually get things here in 2 days if I order before 4. Reasonable cost in shipping from them.

andycrawf

HI,

Any luck finding a local source other than woodcraft and rockler? Seems like i make a monthly trip to woodcraft and then order online when its not that big of a rush.

Andy

Not yet, I am afraid. Lately I have been lucking out as my work is 15 mins drive from the San Carlos and work has been slow (I only go to the office one day a week). I drag my boss to the store so I can go look while on the clock.

jsolie

Where I live, there are two Rocklers that are over an hour drive each way, and a Woodcraft that's about an hour and a half. I usually order stuff online unless there's an immediate pressing need where the shipping would be more than a half tank of fuel for my truck.

andycrawf

Bummer. I guess its driving to sac and doing the online thing. I dont really like buying blanks online because i like to look at the wood before i buy them.

Unfortunately for me I do not have the equipment or space to take the wood from raw length down down to the size of pen blanks, so Aura is out for me . I only have a scroll saw.

Top Bottom