The October Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JayDevin

Todays Meeting was a blast.

We had a great wood swap, marveled at each other's pens and had a great presentation on Pen Photography by Greg, Daniel and Bill.

Attending were
Ratto-Dave
Nava1uni-Cindy
AvBill-Bill
GKetell-Greg and his son Ethan
Daniel-Daniel and his wife Kim
TBRoye-Tom
MarkGum-Mark
RMB-Ryan
JayDevin-Jay

Welcomed New Members
HarveyK-Harvey
StevePruitt-Steve
Van-Van

and soon to be member
Bill Jones

Nolan was unable to attend at the last minute

Some Photos to follow:cool:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

It was FUN. and shopping at Woodcraft after was an added bonus. OPPS.. don't tell SWMBO. Look forward to trying some of the tips of I learned about photos. Got to find me one of them thar gray card thingys..

Daniel

12 and a half hours round trip. And worth every second. It was great getting to meet so many of you face to face. One thing that stood out was that there never was a feeling of "meeting" anyone. Everyone just came in like we all knew each other already.

nava1uni

It was a really nice gathering. Learned a lot about photographing pens, etc. Really nice to meet with other turners, talk about doing different techniques, trading wood, seeing all the different ways one can turn a pen using the same kit, and other things, etc. Daniel is right, it was like seeing people you already knew.

tbroye

Saw him sitting over on side reading. Thanks for the great demo on taking pictures of pens. Had a great drive down and back with Daniel and Kim, sorry about the spilled PePsi Kim, glad in landed on the floor insteat of all over you.

That was different feeling in seeing everybody, didn't feel like I was with a bunch of strangers, just put familar names with the faces. Great seeing all the other pens, looks like it is time to kick my pen making up a notch.

Jay thanks for getting this going and thank Woodcraft for me for allowing it. Looking forward to the next one. Any Idea when we should have another one. I will talk to guys at the local Woodcraft up here.

Cindy hope everything is ok with finger and you can start turning soon or are you alread back at the Lathe?

Finally got to see an actural PITH pen that Jay received Hank Lee in Japan. know Hank from another site, beautiful pen love the wood and the explanation of it.

New upgraded turning tools get here tomorrow so maybe I will have better luck in turning YOYO Spins bottle stoppers what a thrill having one blowup and sail accross the shop talk about a wake up call.

Daniel

Tom, After three hours of "Man" talk I think she was actually throwing that soda at us, lol. It was a great afternoon thank you for being such a big part of it. I enjoyed every moment of it. I have to come back and get pictures of your shop though for space saving ideas. If you can get a meeting together in Sac I will do my best to beg and plead that Kim will let me go. Maybe an acrylic turning demo ???

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Hey, we almost forgot Ratto-Dave Ratto who joined us just after the photography talk.

Yah, Ethan did really well being unobtrusively pleasant. My wife and other son were sitting a craft (jewelry) booth at a wine/beer fesitival so the kids had to tag along. Man the economy sucks. There were 4 tables, 2 vendors per table and only one person (who hand made dichroic glass jewelry) sold anything at all. All five other vendors had a complete bust. I'm glad we had our gig so I wasn't there too. :biggrin:

GK

markgum

Thanks for the site Greg. I ordered one this morning. Should be here Friday. so I can make pens all week:eek: then play with the photo stuff this weekend..:biggrin:

JayDevin

here are some photos

Attachments

• DSC00463.jpg
    DSC00463.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC00465.jpg
    DSC00465.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC00466.JPG
    DSC00466.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC00467.jpg
    DSC00467.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC00464.jpg
    DSC00464.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

JayDevin

and more

Attachments

• DSC00467.jpg
    DSC00467.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC00468.jpg
    DSC00468.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC00469.jpg
    DSC00469.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC00471.jpg
    DSC00471.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC00472.jpg
    DSC00472.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 176

markgum

Jay.... I think we need to work on your people photo skills at the next meeting... oops... I didn't say that. No I'm not volunteering...

Daniel

What is funny is that practically every person in the room had a camera and I think these are probably the only pictures of the event. Thanks for trying to save something of it. I guess we can have a follow up session at the next meeting on taking portraits lol.

Top Bottom