An October Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IBTurning

5th, 6th, 13th, 19th, 26th, 27th.

I'm going to help Greg out with the planning of the meeting this time. Please let me know what dates work for everyone.
Do you have any topics for discussion or would like to demo. As an idea, I'm a newbie at penturning and could use some help on different ideas for finishes.
Setup will be at 10am, the meeting will go from 11am to approximately 4pm.
I will bring some ham and turkey lunchmeat. Let me know what you can bring.
Greg had thought of a coffee scoop for a challenge. I'm willing to give it a try, maybe I can stay away from the emergency room this time. :biggrin:

ldubia

Scratch the 19th. I just picked up another show. Today's gig was fun. Got to put all my stuff away in the dark. The lights were out on our side. Hope nothing got left behind.

IBTurning

October Meeting

At this point I would like to preliminarily schedule either the 26th or 27th to give more people time to respond. Several individuals are not available on the 13th and 19th.

Thanks,

Last edited:

IBTurning

Vote for Saturday the 26th or Sunday the 27th

Please let me know if your schedule has changed. I'll recount the votes on the 17th and the one with the most votes, wins. As you can see it is difficult to get everyone to agree on the same day.

Saturday 26h – 6 Yes
Gketell – Yes
IBTurning – Yes
ldubia – No
avbill – No
nava1uni – No
turn4fun – Yes
curtrdouglas – Yes
kenlicciardello – Yes
darcisowers – Yes
reefboy1 - No

Sunday 27th – 4 Yes
Gketell – Yes
IBTurning – Yes
ldubia – No
avbill – No
nava1uni – No
turn4fun – Yes
curtrdouglas – Yes
kenlicciardello – No
darcisowers – No
reefboy1 - No

IBTurning

October Meeting

The votes are in. The meeting will be:

Saturday October 26th.

At this time no one has commented on demos. We can throw some questions out, maybe someone can demonstrate one or two answers.

No one has commented on what food they will be bringing. I'll be bringing lunchmeat.

Setup will be at 10am, the meeting will go from 11am to approximately 4pm.

Bring your questions, bring food, and bring a smile! :biggrin:

See you there!

Larry

marc snow

Hello,

This looks like it just might work for us this time. I see the date and time..just need the location please.
If it is a go for us, we will bring munchies

marc and karen

Hello,
Newbie to IAP here. Looks like I found this meetup announcement just in time! I'd like to attend and meet more pen turners, just need to know where, and what I should bring :)
Thanks!
Tom Perry
Milpitas, CA

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Tom,

I've sent you my address via private message. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Larry, I'll supply lettuce and tomatoes for the sammiches. And, as usual, I have a fridge full of a variety of sodas. If people have Specific things they want to drink, please bring them.

Gk

The little luncheon after Ryan's Confirmation tomorrow has grown to a much bigger function and now we are trying to get some painting and repairs and pond cleaining done along with all the usual get ready for company stuff. We won't be able to attend today and will miss seeing everyone. Hopefully be there the next time.

Have fun and see you all soon.

Ken

marc snow

sorry folks..but the weather here won out...woke up to a glorious sunshine day and took the dogs and ourselves to the beach. Hope you all had as much fun as we did. Indian summer days on the coast are the best. All the tourists have gone and parking is a cinch.

marc

ldubia

So I have one question. Did anyone make the meeting and bring back pics and/or information to share? I was in a show and could not be there so missed out opn the fun. Hope it was a good one.

darcisowers

Hi Larry,

Andy and I were there, Greg, Larry, plus two new guys, Kurt and Tom. It was a quaint meeting. We gabbed and ate and talked about meeting up soon(ish) at Larry's to do another casting demo. I think he's going to put some dates out there and we'll vote.

We missed everyone who couldn't make it.

;-)
darci

mharvey

regrets...the govt shutdown made for much work in the Army...I was out...and still out this weekend making it up...I will keep checking for dates.

turn4fun

Sorry we missed everyone. It sounds like it was a good meeting and a chance to meet some new folks. We got home from a long camping trip to Nevada a couple of days before the meeting.

Then my son called. He wanted to visit us that weekend and work together on a speaker system I'm building for him. We don't see him very often and I was excited that he we'd get some time together. So dumb me, I forgot to check our calendar and forgot we had a meeting. Instead I ran around town getting some parts for the speakers and doing some wood work to get things ready for his visit. We had a great visit and made some good progress on the speakers.

But we missed seeing you all. Take care... Connie and Larry

Top Bottom