November meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

limit reached on breakfast <sigh>

Still looking for interested parties for the breakfast celebration.

I need to call ahead for reservations for a larger group. The food here is fabulous. This is MY treat. This is what I am doing instead of a showing. I am treating people to breakfast and showing the stuff at the same time.

Ok, I have reached my limit of people (and money) I can do this with. If you are thinking about it, keep this in mind. I can add more but can no longer afford it. :eek::redface:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

It's getting close, I can hardly wait. Just finished an order of 40 pens and I am ready to turn something else. Getting ready for fair at end of month. See you all on Sunday. Dave, sorry that you can't make it. Let me know if anything else is needed.

adamasonyx

Rain Check

Hey Mike,
If you change your mind and need a ride, let me know. Always room for one more for the ride to the meeting. Great people and lots of info.

Thanks for the offer Ken, I will take it as a rain check :)
I'll be meeting David soon and maybe you too? and with Larry being so kind, I hope to get my share of the bring home bag from David. LOL

This is the only forum where you guys welcome new comers warmly...could be the season? kidding...

Thank you soooo much to everyone and hope to be on the next meeting.

ldubia

Thanks for the offer Ken, I will take it as a rain check :)
I'll be meeting David soon and maybe you too? and with Larry being so kind, I hope to get my share of the bring home bag from David. LOL

This is the only forum where you guys welcome new comers warmly...could be the season?

You mean it's not that season all year round??? Seriously, these guys are fabulous. Very dedicated and extremely helpful. Great group to be involved in. I couldn't ask for a better group.

As for things needed.

I need to have about 20 chairs. I have two. There are about 13 coming from others. If you have a few to spare, bring those. Some are bringing extras.
I have two tables here (Gregs) and an easy-up (Gregs)
We have food from several covering the menu. If you want to bring something and are not listed, bring something you feel will add to the group enjoyment.
Bring money as I will sell some wood, Andy is bringing his herringbone blanks, and there may be other stuff.
Bring blanks to swap, and finished product to show off and share.

Oh yeah, bring your curiosity, sense of adventure, sense of humor, and appetite.

I think that about covers it unless someone else thinks of something I missed.

Dave_M

Well I have some bad news guys. Although I'm supposed to bring the drinks tomorrow I can't make the meeting. My mother was the victim of a home invation robbery early this morning. I've been with her and the sherrifs deputies all day. She's very shaken up but doing well all things considered. Certainly could have turned out much worse. Now I have to figure out how to repair or replace a glass slider.

Right now I'm fried mentally & physically. Maybe I'll wake up energized but I kind of doubt it. I invited David to his first meeting and now I have to bail on him, but I know you guys will make him feel right at home. Really hate to miss another one... Dang it!

Dave

Kicker

Well I have some bad news guys. Although I'm supposed to bring the drinks tomorrow I can't make the meeting. My mother was the victim of a home invation robbery early this morning. I've been with her and the sherrifs deputies all day. She's very shaken up but doing well all things considered. Certainly could have turned out much worse. Now I have to figure out how to repair or replace a glass slider.

Right now I'm fried mentally & physically. Maybe I'll wake up energized but I kind of doubt it. I invited David to his first meeting and now I have to bail on him, but I know you guys will make him feel right at home. Really hate to miss another one... Dang it!

Dave
Hey Dave,

Take care of your Mom and all other things, I am going to take my own car and will be fine. Take care of Family First!!

God Bless,
David

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I'm really sorry to hear about your mom's troubles, Dave! I hope she feels better soon and I hope they catch the sorry excuse for a human that would do that.

Take care, both of her and yourself. We look forward to seeing you the next time you can attend!

Dave_M

Hi Ken,
It happened out in the rural area of Kerman. She still lives on the ranch where I grew up. There were some odd circumstances about the crime, which the sheriffs picked up on just like it did. The low lifes went to great lengths to disguise themselves in a way that I found to be very telling as to their identity. The detectives asked me not to share the specifics, but I think they're on the right track.

KFSN channel 30 was out there but I kept them away from my mom. They did interview one of the sheriff deputies and some of the neighbors. There might be a segment about the crime on the news after the football game tonight. My mom's house was the second house they hit this morning.

I have my mom staying here in Clovis until I can get her door repaired / replaced.

Wow, Dave. That's terrible. If there is anything we can do, please let us know. Was this in Clovis/Fresno?

Ken

adamasonyx

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear about your mom and thank God she's ok, not emotionally thou. I hope they catch these people.
There were a bunch of recorded home invasion in Visalia and now in Kerman?
Let me know if I can be of help, I live in Fresno too.

Mike

ldubia

Our thoughts go out to you on this. People who do this have o respect for life or property and should suffer the consequences of their actions. I am very happy to hear your mom and you are both safe. It sounds like the end is coming soon for these idiots.

We will miss you at the meeting but this is by far more important to deal with than making wood chips.

Take it easy and do what you need to do. We will meet again in a few months.

angboy

What a horrible thing for your mom to have to experience Dave! I sure hope she gets through the stress of it OK and that they catch the despicable people who did it. Being victimized is a horrible thing to have to experience so my thoughts are with all of you.

I hope everyone at the meeting today has a good time. I wish I could have been there, but hopefully the next one will work out better for me. Glad to see that some new people are taking up the hobby and are being welcomed into the gatherings.

Thanks for opening up your home to everyone Larry.

Dave_M

I'm sure the meeting was a blast and I hope David comes back energized to tear up his first piece of wood. David you know I'm here anytime you want to start with your first pen. The first is always the best.

Tired from all the excitement yesterday so I'm mostly glad I stayed home. A little bummed that I missed out. It does help to see what others are doing. I learn something new every time we meet.

Top Bottom