November Meeting?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IBTurning

There were several people interested in pen blank casting. I was wondering if anyone else would be interested. If so, I would like to have the meeting at my home in Hayward. I would like to use my equipment since it hasn't been used before.

Greg is available the following dates:
November 16th, 17th, 24th, and 30th.

Larry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darcisowers

17th or 30th for us. Thanks Larry!! Be sure to let us know how much we'll owe for casting.

Darci & Andy

Last edited:

Jim Burr

Banned
Due to work and school, I usually can't do these...but I'm going to bust my butt for this one. Larry, if you'd PM your address...I'd be grateful. What can I bring?

ldubia

Darn, Dave. we'll miss you again. We have got to get a date we can all get together and share stories, etc. Hopefully in the near future.

IBTurning

The meeting will be on November 30th, this seemed to be the popular vote. Also, it will give more time for the Alumilite shipment to arrive. I'll send out directions and the address a week before the meeting.

If you would like to cast a block it will be $8 to cover the Alumilite and supplies. If you would rather just watch, that's free. Please indicate if you would like to make a casting, so that we can make sure that we have enough supplies. I have many items to cast. I have 2 full bins of casting items (beans, coffee beans, macaroni, glitter, and too many more to list). If you decide to bring something, make sure that it is 100% dry.

I will supply ham lunchmeat, mayo, mustard, & wheat bread. Please post what you will be bringing so that we don't have duplications.

Remember don't show up at Greg's house, you will be greeted by the dogs and you don't want to see their castings.

Larry

darcisowers

we will be there on the 30th. too far off to think of the food (thanksgiving leftovers anyone? :tongue: LOL) PM your address please.

We will both be casting.

curtrdouglas

Count me in

I plan to be there and would like to cast at least one block. I'll bring brownies or cookies.
Curt

MartinPens

I will put the 30th on my calendar. I think I have have some very dry tiny pine cones that would be fun to cast. I'll think about what to bring. Is there a particular need?

Dave_M

I will put the 30th on my calendar. I think I have have some very dry tiny pine cones that would be fun to cast. I'll think about what to bring. Is there a particular need?

Angela casted some tiny pine cones last time and they turned out some really nice pens.

BMellber

Plans for Nov. 30th

Larry,
Count me in for the 30th. I'll plan to bring some casting stuff as well such as molds and fillers. When you have the meeting specifics please let me know the time and location and any food or drink needs. About how many members can you accomodate at your place? Should we bring chairs as well?

Jim Campbell

30-Nov. Meeting

Folks,

I may be able to make this one. I have some walnut shells I've been meaning to crush up and cast.

I'm still a newbie at the casting trade, but will bring my molds, etc.

Is anyone on the hook for soda's? I can bring an assorted case, on ice.

IBTurning

Saturday

This is the list so far. If you are attending and I missed your name please let me know. Also if you are not able to attend and I have listed you let me know.

I'll send out directions and the address tonight.

We will need some chairs.

We could use more food items, let me know what you can bring. So far we have 11 people.

Larry B. (Ham Lunchmeat, Wheat Bread)
Greg K.
Darci & Andy
Curt (Brownies or Cookies)
Cindy
Martin
Tom
Bill D.
Bill M.
Jim (Sodas)

IBTurning

Update

I just PM the location, if I missed you let me know. Here is the updated list:

Greg K. (
macaroni salad and chairs)
Larry D.

Darci & Andy
Cindy
Martin
Tom (
chips)
Bill D.
Bill M.
Jim (Sodas)

IBTurning

The day before updates.

Some have mentioned that they will be bringing molds and other items, it maybe a good idea to put your name on items you bring. There may be duplicates.

You may need to park several houses away, parking is only allowed on one side of the street.

Update:

Greg K. (macaroni salad and chairs)
Larry D.
Darci & Andy (Salad)
Cindy (
cheese, bread and chips)
Martin (Attending?)
Tom (chips)
Bill D.
Bill M.
Jim (Sodas)

BMellber

Nov 30th Meeting

Larry,
Since Tom can't make it I'll bring his chips and some cookies. See you tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to my first face to face meeting with the IAP chapter.
Bill

MartinPens

Sorry I missed it today. My daughters 16th birthday outing was postponed due to the rain a week or so ago. We celebrated it today out at chilly Ocean Beach. Did you guys take any photos of the get together?

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Photos from Bill

Our newest member Bill Mellberg took several photos during the "gathering". I asked him if I could post them up and he kindly agreed.

Here we are getting ready to pour Bill's pen blank. DARK blue, DARK Blue with sparkle, Medium blue, Medium blue with sparkle, and gold.

attachment.php

Here's his blank "cooking" in the pressure pot.
attachment.php

And here is the final product.
attachment.php

Bill will get a picture of the first pen he made from this. Having seen it in person, it is absolutely beautiful. The pictures of the blanks don't do them justice!

Here is my project getting started
attachment.php

And pouring it
attachment.php

And ready to turn:
attachment.php

Who knew that laundry detergent measuring cups would make great casting cups?

Now I just need to get out there and turn it!

Attachments

• DSCN1966.jpg
    DSCN1966.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCN1970.jpg
    DSCN1970.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN1971.jpg
    DSCN1971.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCN1972.jpg
    DSCN1972.jpg