Nov 22nd, 2015 Gathering

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Last one for the year! Come one, come all, it time for some fun!

Since I haven't hosted in a while so let's do it at my place in Pleasanton. If you are new to the group shoot me a PM and I'll give you the address.

Loose agenda:
10am setup
11am start - chit chat and braggarts' table
noonish - lunch
after lunch - whatever we decide below.
4pm-ish or whenever - wrap up, clean up, and done.

Now, thoughts on what fun to have? Throw your ideas out here!

GK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

Let's do a gift exchange. Everyone who is coming will have their name put in a box and we will draw names for gifts. Bring something you made, something
that can be made into something. Not necessarily turned, but that would be nice.
It will be great to see everyone. Will your bronze bells be there? I would like to see them.

ldubia

Great! November 22nd I can do!! Woohoo! I'll be there with my thing for the exchange.
Looking forward to seeing the bells too. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. Always too long.

What's the menu?

And I can share the news about the new club I started in Santa Cruz area called the Santa Cruz Woodturners.

MartinPens

I will put the date on my calendar. That date looks good to me. Gift exchange sounds like a lot of fun and might motivate me to get out into the garage. I have a couple items from our last get-together that I will bring to the meeting so they can be repatriated to their owners.

MartinPens

I would vote for straight exchange. There is always room for trading and exchanging afterward. I find white elephant to be more appropriate when the gifts are nominal or "white elephant" type gifts. Just my thoughts about it.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I would vote for straight exchange. There is always room for trading and exchanging afterward. I find white elephant to be more appropriate when the gifts are nominal or "white elephant" type gifts. Just my thoughts about it.

I'm with Martin: just a simple exchange.

nava1uni

Please join us. We have been getting together for many years now and always welcome people to join us in our time together. Good talk, good food, good people and beautiful work and ideas.
Speaking of food. Should we start a food list? I will bring lunch meats. How many coming so far?

MartinPens

I have these items that were left at the last get together. Who do they belong to?

image-4075598711.jpg

samuraismiths

Nov. 22nd Meeting

Greetings,
My name is David Smith. I've been making pens for the last ten years or so, and I have never had a conversation with another pen maker. So, I would like to attend your meeting if possible. My basic approach is to make pens out of as many different materials as possible and I have pens displayed in my study from around 950 different woods, acrylics, and tru stone marble materials. I wonder if anyone else has a silly habit like mine.
If possible, please send me instructions on the location of the meeting and the best route for getting their (I am coming from Tiburon).
Thanks and Cheers,
David

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Ok, so the fun is nigh so let's get to planning!

Menu is the normal: build yer own sammiches. Cindy is bringing meats. We have most every condiment you can think of as well as multi-grain bread and sour-dough bread. We also have bottled waters.

We need
lettuce, tomatoes, etc
Cheeses
Salad (green, potato, or other)
Other drinks
Desserts

Who is coming? Holler up. Let's get a head count!

Agenda:
shoot the breeze,
braggarts table (and you might guess we aren't limiting it to turned
wood so if you've done something fun and creative recently please bring it)
Gift exchange,
demo? Anyone have anything to show or anything they want shown?
What else? What am I missing?

If anyone needs the address or directions, please PM me.
-Greg

boatemp

I'd like to attend.

I'd like to attend. Need directions and can bring sodas (or other if okay).
Rules on the gift giving???

MartinPens

I'm in. I'm going to need your address again even though you've given it to me a couple of times. I'll bring lettuce tomatoes and pickles for sandwiches

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Address and directions sent out to those who have asked.

For gifts, I don't know what to do. Let's just keep it simple and say nothing "junk" and nothing "extravagant". Something "made", or that can be used to "make" is preferred but not mandatory. It's all just for fun!

Gk

BMellber

All,
I plan to attend on Sunday and look forward to seeing those that can make it this month. Greg, I will bring chips and cookies for the lunch. I will bring a wrapped gift to exchange; Its more fun as a surprise I think. Thanks for hosting the group, see you at 10 AM.
Bill

Top Bottom