NOR CEN CAL Shin-Ding

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

Saturday Feb. 28th Start around 11:00 AM :party:
Fresno
Our Host Daniel Lane (I'm helping cause he's a new daddy and BUSY)

Please RSVP by Wednesday Feb. 25th so we can get a count for the meat
to my email markgum at verizon dot net.

Bring Wood to Swap
A chair if you want to sit
Your latest projects to show and tell
fancy tools you are now using
stories to share

Remember we will have 12 door prizes from Kallenshaan Woods :present:

IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD TIME........ :musical-note:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gomeral

I will be there also. Is it alright for my 17 year old son and penturning partner to come? He hasn't signed up for IAP yet.

Ken

Absolutely! My wife will be there, and she's not a member, yet. :wink: Seriously, though, he'll be welcome. You both will!

daniel

tbroye

I am sorry I will not be able to attend. I am taking LOML to Seattle and dinner at the Space Needle for our 43rd Anniversary. Looking forward to a little vacation with her, haven't done enough with just the two us lately so off to the Pacific Northwest. Have a great time and I look forward to the next one

Tom

markgum

Hey Tom;
no worries, you doin' what's important. Have a great time in Seattle and enjoy the time with your bride. Congrats on 43 years together.

I am sorry I will not be able to attend. I am taking LOML to Seattle and dinner at the Space Needle for our 43rd Anniversary. Looking forward to a little vacation with her, haven't done enough with just the two us lately so off to the Pacific Northwest. Have a great time and I look forward to the next one

Tom

gomeral

All -

It looks like we've got enough interest, and I think I'll be awake enough to contribute, so...we're on! :)

Many thanks to Mark for his help organizing. Ken, you mentioned earlier that you had some banquet tables and some chairs - would it be easy for you to bring two tables and the chairs? I'm going to check with the complex manager, but if the weather's great, we may just want to set up near my garage/back yard instead of up front. (I'll let you know on the tables, I just want to see if they are still an option.)

Ruben, you mentioned you had some chairs and a table, as well - are you still looking to rid yourself of the table? If so, I could probably use it! Any chairs you can bring will help, too.

Looks like we've got around a dozen folks; I've got 4 chairs, so we'd need another 8. If folks will post here how many they will bring, we'll get that taken care of ASAP.

I'll head to the store tomorrow to get burgers/dogs/whatever and some side dishes, if that's okay with everyone.

As for timing/etc., I'm thinking arrivals around 11:30am for a lunch/meet-n-greet first, then we can move on to other stuff. For semi-obvious reasons, I'd rather not post directions and other info on a Google-searchable site, so I'm going to talk to Mark and get a list of folks so I can PM directions. If you don't get a PM by TOMORROW NOON, make sure you PM me directly so I can respond.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

daniel

Dave_M

I'd love to be able to say I can be there. Odds are I'll be able to come by for a bit. It's our anniversary so I have to walk on egg shells. It's been a crazy week around here. Although I doubt that I could compare my week to Daniel's week.

I can bring a few folding chairs if that would be any help. I have at least four so the out of towners could haul one less thing to Fresno. I'll bring them by even if I can't stay long. Looking forward to it guys.

I think I have a few pens to show and certainly some wood to bring. Last time we met, I had not much of anything but my lumber collect has grown just a bit. My wife says I have too much but as you guys know that's far from the truth.

Let me know if I can bring anything else along.

markgum

and at the SHIN-DING we'll have

some of Nolan's Burl, to purchase. :good: Most of y'all know the type of goodies he has so.. bring your wallet...
Unfortunately Nolan is still in recovery mode from his surgery so I'll be meeting with Nolan on Friday evening, and picking up some burl to bring to the event. :cool:
see everyone on Saturday.
any questions just ask.
mark

markgum

just got back from Nolan's and got a box of burl to make available at the shin-ding. Whoo. hoooo.... c everyone tomorrow in the lovely city of FRESNO.

nava1uni

I am sorry that I will not be able to attend. I spent some time in the ER last night and I am going to rest today. Nothing serious. Had a weird headache and arm sensation and wanted to make sure it wasn't serious. Fortunately it was not serious, no stroke or heart attack, just a sinus infection. I am sorry that I will miss out on a Kalleshan kit. Oh, well. Hope you all have a good time, I will miss seeing you. Every meeting we've had I have come away with new knowledge, not to mention wood, etc.
Congratulation on the new baby. Don't worry you will get some sleep in about a year. Just try to nap whenever the baby naps, it really helps to survive it.

markgum

THANKS TO OUR GREAT HOST HIS WIFE AND SON FOR THEIR TIME TODAY. It was great meeting new members and the exchange of information was amazing. looking forward to seeing everyone's kit pen.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
It was a blast!! Daniel, thanks for hosting and you definitely owe your honey big time for putting up with us!

Cindy I'm really glad it was nothing serious!

GK

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
It was a blast!! Daniel, thanks for hosting and you definitely owe your honey big time for putting up with us!

Cindy I'm really glad it was nothing serious!

GK

gomeral

and how about that donation drawing. Looks like Daniel won.... WHOOOO HOOO...

Wait, what!? <rushes off to check> Woohoo! Of course, now I have to buy a grinder... :rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone for coming, Cindy I'm sorry you couldn't make it but I'm glad you're doing well. Maybe next time! I learned a lot from you guys, and I'm encouraged to try some new things and just play - many thanks to all of you for that.

daniel

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Daniel, that will mount beautifully below your Tormek. Then you have the best of both worlds: slow, large-diameter sharpening using a very accurate, repeatable jig to make sure your tools are at the peak of their performance.

GK

Top Bottom