Next Meeting?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

Alrighty then. Cindy can you bring your thread cutting tools? I will bring my threading jig and we can discuss the merits or whatever of each. Is that cool? Also I will bring whatever jigs I can find to display. People can ask about them and we can share how we use them and such. Will other people be bringing their jigs for trurning?

Last edited:

BMellber

I'll be there

Jim,
I plan to be there tomorrow at your house. I'll bring some type of desert for after lunch. I will also bring my jigs to show and tell. See you Saturday.
Bill Mellberg

IBTurning

Food to Bring

Jim,

I will bring some cookies, unless you need something else. Let me know. See you all tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

Larry

nava1uni

I would like to thank Jim and Linda for opening their home so that we could all get together today for a gathering. It was nice seeing everyone and I missed those that couldn't make it. I like seeing the different jigs and things that people are using to do wood turning and pen making. Thanks again to all for the good food, the wonderful friendship and the new knowledge and things that I now want to make. Thanks to everyone who traveled to this event. A special thanks to Ken for traveling sooo far to get there.

ldubia

Thanks Jim and Linda for opening your home to us and allowing us to have our meeting there. It was a lot of fun discussing the different aspects of the jigs and tooling and hearing your stories of the Oliver lathe and other tools as well as the other stories you shared with us. It was nice connecting with friends and seeing everyone once again. As usual the food was excellent.

Also thanks for the plans for the sled. I will put those to good use.

IBTurning

Thanks for a great afternoon Jim and Linda! Had a great time, thank you for putting all this together! It was such a beautiful day, I even got my solar panel sun burnt. I got a lot of great woodworking tips.

I'm all for making a fixed schedule for our meetings, such as the 3rd Saturday.

Larry

MartinPens

Thank you for opening your home up to us. It was really a great afternoon and I look forward to the next one. I came back motivated and got a lot of work done setting up the woodshop in the garage. Now I just need to wire for 220. I'm going to call an electrician because Greg's "to do" list at home was pretty long. : )
I think I enjoyed everyone's stories about life as much as I did all the discussions around woodworking.

Thanks again to all. It was a great day seeing friends and meeting new ones. Special thanks to Jim and Linda for doing such a great job hosting. Thank you so much for the radial arm saw. I am still amazed. Ryan can't wait to use it also. And Cindy, I would drive twice as far to see you and everybody.

nava1uni

Thanks again to all. It was a great day seeing friends and meeting new ones. Special thanks to Jim and Linda for doing such a great job hosting. Thank you so much for the radial arm saw. I am still amazed. Ryan can't wait to use it also. And Cindy, I would drive twice as far to see you and everybody.

Ken,
And I would drive to Fresno for a meeting anytime.
It was lovely seeing you, as usual. I really enjoyed the meeting and the stories, as well as, all the tips and jigs

Last edited:

avbill

I looked forward to this meeting To be with friends and fellow turners. and it was great. Thank you Linda & Jim for hang us over. Special thank you for Cindy as she drove to the meeting

reefboy1

HI all,

Sorry to have missed this one. Hopefully the next one will be after spring baseball and I can have a more predictable weekend schedule.

BTW, my new place is big enough to host meetings so it's open if folks don't mind coming to Dublin.

Art

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Jim and Linda, Thank you very much for being such gracious hosts for this meeting.

I know Bill took a lot of pictures and he'll get them up here when he can. Right now he is a little busy being a brand-new, first-time Granddaddy. In the meantime, here are the few I took:

Jim's home-made Air Filter ala Jet or JDS.

attachment.php

Jim's said to start by buying your filters (2 before the fan, one after), then build the frames that will match the filters' size, then build the box that will hold the filters and frames. The blower is a Ebay SwampCooler fan but others have said that using 3 6" computer fans works just as well for a lot less money.

attachment.php

Boy, that 3rd filter sure does look clean!

attachment.php

Food!! Thanks for the BBQ and baked Mac-n-Cheese, Jim and Linda!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Larry talking about his thread-cutting jig.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bubbasville, Apr2014 - 4.jpg
    Bubbasville, Apr2014 - 4.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 220
  • Bubbasville, Apr2014 - 5.jpg
    Bubbasville, Apr2014 - 5.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 222
  • Bubbasville, Apr2014 - 6.jpg
    Bubbasville, Apr2014 - 6.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 210
  • Bubbasville, Apr2014 - 7.jpg
    Bubbasville, Apr2014 - 7.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 216
  • Bubbasville, Apr2014 - 1.jpg
    Bubbasville, Apr2014 - 1.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 227
  • Bubbasville, Apr2014 - 2.jpg
    Bubbasville, Apr2014 - 2.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 255
  • Bubbasville, Apr2014 - 3.jpg
    Bubbasville, Apr2014 - 3.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 211

Jim Campbell

Here's the pictures for the quilt ladder. No measurements. I'm working on-the-fly. Give me a call if your looking for what I have for measurments.

Attachments

• Folding_Quilt_Ladder_Example_2_Image_1.jpg
    Folding_Quilt_Ladder_Example_2_Image_1.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Folding_Quilt_Ladder_Example_2_Image_2.jpg
    Folding_Quilt_Ladder_Example_2_Image_2.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 181
Jim, thanks for the quilt ladder pics. I showed them to my wife and she thinks her Mother may want one. Another thing for the to do list.

Top Bottom