Need help or resources

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

Okay folks, I have found a 10 x 12 fully finished shed/cottage that someone is selling at a really good price. The catch is I would need to move it from Fremont to my home in San Ramon. If the price wasn't so great I wouldn't even consider it. Does anybody know how I would transport such a thing? I know that it would have to be taken apart but then what? Has anybody ever moved something like this?

You don't know if you don't ask. I'm asking :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Partial disassembly and hauling it yourself will probably be your cheapest alternative, but not necessarily the simplest & easiest.

It shouldn't be difficult at all to get a 10x12 building moved intact. My brother & I bought a 12x20 cabin for our farm & the mfg delivered it on a tilt-up gooseneck trailer - one guy delivered it, unloaded it onto concrete blocks & leveled it. Also, large 8x20 and 8x40 shipping containers are moved around all the time.

I wouldn't have any idea of a mover in your area who could handle that building, but I'd sure check around & do some price comparison before tackling it myself.

MarkD

I had a shed moved by a towing company. They used a rollback tow truck and its winch to slide the shed onto the bed.

nava1uni

I move my 5 x 6 x 3 shed by myself. I took apart at the man's house and numbered the pieces as I did it. Borrowed a truck and loaded it and then brought it home and assembled it on a foundation. I did it by myself and it wasn't difficult at all, just time consuming. I hauled it from Sebastapol, which is 40 miles from San Francisco.
I would help you

Top Bottom