My daughters first pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reefboy1

Here's my daughters first pen. She planned to give it away as a gift but changed her mind halfway thru making it - "I'm not giving this away!". It's Purpleheart with a CA finish.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave_M

Smart girl. Never give away your first. It's always a good reminder of where you started and how far you've come in this hobby. Especially if it's a pen as nice as that one. She did very good for her first time at the lathe.

turn4fun

That's great! Looks like she's learning fast.. probably pass us all up some day. Nice to see children getting involved in a creative and rewarding craft. How old did you say she is?.. Larry Rayher

ldubia

Give her a hearty congrats on a job well done. That pen certainly looks good. For her first she has outdone herself.

I hope you bring her to the next meeting. I would hate to see her lose out on all the fabulous info being brought to this one. It is going to be fun.

Tell her to keep up the great work. If she comes to the meting she will go home with goodies.

Yeah, the first one is very special. She did great. I really enjoy watching the kids work and develop an appreciation for things like this. Beats the heck out of video games.

nava1uni

Very nice looking pen. How old is she? It is nice for her and other young people to learn how to work around tools. It affects their logic, hand/eye coordination, and most of all their self esteem. It is great that you are teaching her this skill.

reefboy1

Cindy,

She's 17. Tonight she turned a back scratcher (her boyfriends mother asked for one). It was much more of a challange and she did a great job of it. She's definitely getting more confident. Like me, I think she enjoys spending time on the lathe cutting wood.

Now I need to get my 15 yr old son to give it a try...

Art

Top Bottom