Meeting Oct 14, 2012

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Sooo, My place, setup at 10am, begins at 11am. What shall we chow down on? What shall we talk about? Anyone have anything interesting to show off/demo? Any requests prior to the holiday season?

GK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darcisowers

we'll be there closer to 12:30 or 1 due to church. We can bring our ez up if you think it's needed.....

brownies? or are ya'll getting tired of them?:biggrin:

we just like getting together. no topic is necessary.

ldubia

I can bring some interesting things I have been working on. Got to think about food. Not sure just what yet. Must be something good. Hmmm.

turn4fun

Connie and I will bring some chairs and a small portable table. We'll maybe bring a spaghetti casserole. I'll talk with Connie and see what she wants to make and let you know. We've also got a few recent things to share like.. pens, peppermills, seam rippers. Looking forward to seeing everyone.. Connie and Larry

turn4fun

Connie is definitely bringing a spaghetti casserole. We'll also bring a couple of chairs and a small table. Is there anything else you'd like us to bring? Look forward to seeing everyone this Sunday!.. Larry

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Fair warning: Cameron Ave is closed due to construction. Those coming will need to come via Santa Rita Rd to Mohr Ave to Martin Ave.

So far it seems like it will be a small gathering: me, Dave R, Art, Larry D, Larry and Connie, Darci and Andy (later). Anyone else?

Gk

avbill

Yes, Bill D What can I bring for food Greg?

i will be dropping my wife off at the antique fair in Pleasanton and will drive up Santa rita rd.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Yes, Bill D What can I bring for food Greg?

i will be dropping my wife off at the antique fair in Pleasanton and will drive up Santa rita rd.

Nobody yet is bringing snack foods like chips, salsa, pretzels.

More drinks would be good too.

Whatever you feel like bringing...
Gk

Hope everybody has a great meeting, wish I was able to get there. In addition to all the "normal" craziness, one of the rental houses exploded and burned down, so I have been dealing with all the police, fire, haz mat and insurance people pretty much nonstop.

Have a great meeting and post lots of pictures. See you all at the next one.

darcisowers

Was great to see everyone. Low key meeting, SUPER GREAT FOOD!! Looking forward to the next one in December (15th right?)

maybe we'll try to work on some Ornaments before the next meeting....

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Im glad everyone could make it today. It was a lot of fun.

Someone left a serving spoon behind. Has diamonds around the edge of the handle. Let me know if it is yours.

Gk

nava1uni

Sorry to have missed the meeting. I look forward to the next one. Ken, sorry to hear about the house, hope no one was hurt. Ornaments sound like a fun thing. We should make some and bring to share. Maybe have an ornament swap.

Sorry I missed it. December 15 sounds great.

Thanks for the comments about the house. The amount of damage was really shocking. The person I rented to gave the house to another person who may have passed it on to another. According to the police, somebody in the chain turned it into a large meth lab. When it exploded, over half the house disappeared. It blew out windows and damaged a over a dozen houses around it. Now just waiting for cleanup to be signed off of before it gets bulldozed. I just feel sorry for the neighbors that had their houses damaged. Fortunately, no neighbors were hurt.

ldubia

Sorry to hear about the house Ken, That is a terrible thing to have to go through for anyone. I'm glad none of the neighbors were injured in the explosion. I hope that all goes well in the recovery of insurance, cleanup, rebuilding, etc. Hopefully we can all get together sometime soon and get caught up on the stories of our lives and woodturning. I am shooting for December 15 but will have to wait and see. Good luck with everything and let us know how things are going.

I like the idea of a swap, Cindy. That can be a lot of fun.

Dave_M

Wow,
Sorry to hear that Ken. I can only imagine the finacial & legal mess you're having to work through.

I'll have to stay tentative for the 15th. Not sure what our schedule will be that far out. My wife's job has been very reactionary all year. They say go and she has to go with very little notice. She's working in PA this week.

Yesterday I had an accident working in the garage. I tore a ligament in my left thumb and when the ligament tore it took part of the bone with it so now it's fractured to top it off. Aside from being very painful, I'm stuck with a hard cast for two months. I might need surgery but I won't know for a few more days. I think I can manage to turn some wood with the cast on my left hand... I hope so because I have some pens to finish for a customer in the next few weeks. I also have a large (for me) Christmas order I haven't even started yet.

Top Bottom