Meeting?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mharvey

gladly....I can even bring some rations...and by then...will have some turns and blanks done...

reefboy1

That looks good to me at this point. Sunday's are better since my son's baseball games are on Saturday. Although this time is right during playoffs...

Art

turn4fun

I realize I've missed some of the conversation about when to have our next meeting. So, I hope I'm not too late.

We can make it on Sat. May 25., but not Sun., May 26. We're leaving for a trip on Sun., May 26 and will get home Mon.,June 3. Is there any chance of having the meeting Jun 8 or 9.. or possibly Jun 15 or 16?

Connie and I will keep our fingers crossed and hope the meeting is on a date when we can make it. We sure want to see everyone again and meet the new people in our group. Take care.. Connie and Larry Rayher

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I like early June since our newest neighbor would likely be able to join us then but couldn't in May.

June 16th is Father's Day. And the 14th is graduation so Saturday may be busy celebrating. So I would say June 8/9? Does that work for everyone?

Do we want to have it here again?

darcisowers

June 8/9 is better for us too (the next weekend is Abby's birthday, and grandparents are coming in for a few weeks)- the 8th might be slightly better for me, since I'l need Sunday to prepare my classroom for teaching VBS starting on the 10th....

ldubia

June 9th good. June 8th, BAWA. Unless I can get someone to cover the woodmeister slot. Then yes.

Anyone interested in having an IAP patch for their smocks or hats or whatever. I am thinking of having my brother make something up for me on my smock. He does embroidery. If interested I will let you know how much and you can send it direct through him.

Last edited:

ldubia

It's beginning to look like....a meeting! Will Jay be coming by? I have a question about casting that Greg and Jay may be able to help with.

Jim Campbell

Did someone say casting? I'm a newbie to casting, but I've been buying the materials.

If I bring my Alumilite, a form, and Harbor Freight Pressure pot is there someone who can give a quick casting 101?

ldubia

Sounds like casting may be one of the big topics. Cool. Anything else anybody wants to discuss? I think sharpening should be brought up. I can't remember having heard this yet but there are a few people who struggle with it and it's always nice to refresh knowledge.

Did we have a challenge project for this one?

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Sounds like casting may be one of the big topics. Cool. Anything else anybody wants to discuss?

Ok, I'm not thinking of this as a formal thing. Most of us have been through at least two demos/tutorials. I was thinking more of a one on one. But if others want a DEMO, I can certainly make this one. But don't expect a big Training session like we've had in the past. That just hasn't worked out well.

I think sharpening should be brought up. I can't remember having heard this yet but there are a few people who struggle with it and it's always nice to refresh knowledge.?

This might be a really good one to cover. If people can bring their sharpening systems we can stare and compare and discuss the different tools and methods.

I think we need to reverse how we do challenges: Have a demo that becomes the challenge for the next meeting. So we plan on a demo of some sorta Christmas thing in Sept so we can show them final project off in December before they are given as gifts.

So, we need to come up with a demo for this meeting. Ideas?

Last edited:

ldubia

I think sharpening should be brought up. I can't remember having heard this yet but there are a few people who struggle with it and it's always nice to refresh knowledge.?
This might be a really good one to cover. If people can bring their sharpening systems we can stare and compare and discuss the different tools and methods.

I think we need to reverse how we do challenges: Have a demo that becomes the challenge for the next meeting. So we plan on a demo of some sorta Christmas thing in Sept so we can show them final project off in December before they are given as gifts.

So, we need to come up with a demo for this meeting. Ideas?[/quote]

I like the reverse challenge idea. Good One Greg.

As for casting, I was thinking along the line of a discussion. Maybe question answer or something to help those who might need it. Curtis (Mesquiteman)called me last night and answered the questions I had. So I am good for the most part other than a color mixing question.

More fun on vacation? Hmmm, lets see. Good friends, good food and wood turning or tropical islands. I think it's a toss up.

Have a great meeting and will see all next time.

Top Bottom