May Gathering

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Campbell

I am open to hosting the May meeting. I cleared it with Linda, so I think we're good to go if folks would like to meet here.

The third week is the 16th-17th, which seems early for a month with five weeks. Would we like to meet on the 16th-17th? or perhaps the 23rd-24th?

Any ideas for what we might wish to do or see?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
So the Utah Wood Turning Symposium is on the weekend of the 16th and I know many of our group will be out of town for that. The 23rd is the BAWA meeting. So we could meet on the 24th or maybe the weekend of the 30th?

Gk

Jim Campbell

We have a family celebration of life on the 23rd, so we'll be unavailable.

I did verify Memorial weekend is the 23rd, 24th, and 25th.

I can do the weekend of the 16th, the 24, or the weekend of the 30th.

BMellber

Meeting Date Options

I can support either the 24th or 30th. Memorial day is observed on the 25th of May (Monday) so Sunday should be light traffic day for travel. Do we still plan to do lunch or get a later start?
Bill

darcisowers

We really hope to make the next one.... just let us know. Some Sundays are tricky but Abby can probably skip one choir day.... :) (the 24th is her next singing day, but she can miss it)

Jim Campbell

The 24th seems to be shaping up as the day.

I plan to BBQ hot dogs, like last year. We'll provide the hot dogs, buns, and condiments.

That leaves the things like soda's, water, chips, dips, salads, etc. it folks would like to bring something.

Jim Campbell

We're going to miss all of you who can't make it.

For everyone else we're looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. The garage will be open by 9:30-10:00. I think the meetings generally start a bit later, but feel free to drop by.

I have nine chairs, two six foot tables, two four foot tables.

I'm not certain we need more than that, but feel free to bring a chair with you.

Don't forget your show-and-tell items, including some of the things we saw today at BAWA.

We don't have anything in particular as far as a demo goes.

I'll have the BBQ going around noon. Hot dogs.

Looks like we have volunteers for fruit salad, cookies, chips and vege snacks, and potato salad. Bill mentioned he'd bring soda's.

Last edited:

IBTurning

Thanks!

Jim,

Thank you for hosting the IAP meeting on Sunday, we both enjoyed the day. The next time you host, maybe we should have it on the 1st tee! :)

Thanks,

Larry

MartinPens

Jim,

I really appreciate you hosting the meeting. The food was really good and I enjoyed the conversation and all the great ideas.there is always such a wealth of knowledge and experience in this group.I always leave feeling inspired and motivated to get back into the shop. Thanks everybody

nava1uni

Thanks a lot to both Jim and Linda for hosting this last weekend. I have a great time and as usual learned something. Can't beat it. It is great getting together every 3 months and I really like seeing everyone.

Top Bottom