Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Saturday May 22nd

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Sunday May 23rd

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nava1uni

Do we need to plan food? How does everyone want to do it? I have invited some new turners I met here in Utah at the Wood Turner's Symposium to come next weekend. It is a couple from Santa Rosa. Hope they can make it and everyone can meet them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
OK, who all is coming at this point? Here is the count that I think I see:

GKetell Greg
DRatto Dave
JFox Jay
Nava1uni Cindy
LDubia Larry
darcisowers Darci and/or Andy ?
tbroye Tom
angboy Angela
paulsf Paul
rmb Ryan + honey ?
2 newbies invited by Cindy ??

10, maybe 14?

I have 6 folding chairs and two tables. If folks could bring more of each (even if just a seat for yourself), that would help.

Food:
Desert and one of the salads sounds good, Larry!

Hamburgers and brats? Or do we want to pitch in and get some tri-tip to slice up for sandwiches, or? I'm open for ideas for a main course or two.

Fruit salad?

Salad

Soda

waters

What am I missing?

I'm really looking forward to this. It's been too long!

darcisowers

I'll second the vote for Brats...

Still unsure whether we're a 1 or 2 RSVP... :biggrin: hopefully we'll find out early next week.

Either way, we have two folding chairs to bring, along with the ez up.

one of us will bring a salad...

Remind me: what's planned to be on the agenda (to aid in the decision of which one of us has to stay home if our sitter isn't available....)

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Hmmmm we've talked about Celtic knot, Polymer Clay, making CA black, and DRatto *might* have something to show, Cindy would like some help with the 360, and Larry mentioned showing something similar to the 360 yet different.

GK

nava1uni

I vote for Brats and I will bring a fruit salad and some fold up chairs and a table that I can bring. Unfortunately the newbies Connie and Larry are going East to celebrate a grandma's 100th birthday, but want to come to the next one. Utah is very exciting it is fun being here. Lots to learn.
I am also excited about seeing everyone. I will bring some polymer clay.

ldubia

I am confirming two for our party. My wife is coming and bringing her famous deviled eggs. I am hoping to bring some good news concerning the show I am in on Saturday the 15th. I am showing not just my pens but lamps, candle holders, earring holders and much more. Anything I can find to fill the tables. Wish me luck.
Now I have to find the instructions for the pen I was referring to.

Larry

angboy

My RSVP is for one person and I plan to bring fake toffee and how about some sodas- chime in and let me know if there are specific things people want or at least if you want diet or regular. I could also bring some bread for sandwiches if we do tri-tip?

What time is the start time?

tbroye

Looks like I will have to beg off this time. Mother in Laws 95 Birthday on Sunday and a party is planned. Have fun all, see you next time.

My schedule finally confirmed and I can come with my two sons. The meeting schedule sounds great. Lots of new things, of course most things are new to me.

I can bring up to 12 folding chairs. Will also bring some shredded chicken (kind of like pulled pork) sandwich fixins. Anything else, just let me know.

I am anxious to get back into things and meet the new people.

Ken

ldubia

Diet pesi here please.

My RSVP is for one person and I plan to bring fake toffee and how about some sodas- chime in and let me know if there are specific things people want or at least if you want diet or regular.

Hi,
My wife and I both drink diet pepsi. Thanks for bringing the drinks.

I found the instructions and have a blank set up to show. If anyone wants to have a copy of the instructions, please let me know so I know how many to make. I also added a little extra to the blank to show as well. :biggrin:

Larry

Last edited:

ldubia

OK, who all is coming at this point? Here is the count that I think I see:

GKetell Greg
DRatto Dave
JFox Jay
Nava1uni Cindy
LDubia Larry
darcisowers Darci and/or Andy ?
tbroye Tom
angboy Angela
paulsf Paul
rmb Ryan + honey ?
2 newbies invited by Cindy ??

10, maybe 14?

Add a honey for my name as well. My wife is coming to the meeting with me. she is bringing her fabulous deviled eggs.

darcisowers

Larry, we'd like a copy too.

Angie, Andy drinks clear non caffeinated beverages (sprite, sierra mist, whatever).

Last edited:

angboy

I'll be getting there probably around 11:30 to noon, so I'll bring the requested drinks, but just wanted to let everyone know that if you get there at 10, I won't be there with drinks yet. It's kind of a long drive from Clovis... But I'll have them there in time for lunch.

Also, I have some Pen World magazines that I found when I was cleaning off a bookshelf, from 2006 and 2007- anyone interested in them? They're like new, but I never look at them so just want to do some sprin cleaning so will bring them to give away to anyone who wants them. Also have the 2006 Stylus pen annual- same offer- a freebie to give away, and finally the book "PenSpeak"- yep, same offer.

Finally, I'm planning to bring a pen that I've struggled with and see if anyone there might be able to fgure out my problem. It's a gemini kit and for some reason I just can't get it to go together right. I'm thinking there's something wrong with the kit, but I swapped out parts from another kit and it's still messed up and I can't even figure out where the problem is. And it's actually a Jay blank that I got at the last event that I came to at Greg's house and I really hate to lsoe the blank, so am hoping someone might be able to figure something out...

ldubia

Also, I have some Pen World magazines that I found when I was cleaning off a bookshelf, from 2006 and 2007- anyone interested in them? They're like new, but I never look at them so just want to do some sprin cleaning so will bring them to give away to anyone who wants them. Also have the 2006 Stylus pen annual- same offer- a freebie to give away, and finally the book "PenSpeak"- yep, same offer.

Finally, I'm planning to bring a pen that I've struggled with and see if anyone there might be able to fgure out my problem. It's a gemini kit and for some reason I just can't get it to go together right. I'm thinking there's something wrong with the kit, but I swapped out parts from another kit and it's still messed up and I can't even figure out where the problem is. And it's actually a Jay blank that I got at the last event that I came to at Greg's house and I really hate to lsoe the blank, so am hoping someone might be able to figure something out...

I am interested in seeing the mags. As for the Gemini pen, I gave up on it as I had several pens that would not go together correctly. I refuse to do those now.

Anyone interested in purchasing redwood burl? There are large chucks of it. They are not cut into blanks so you can do what you want with it. They are green and still wet but will dry quickly. If you are interested in this, I will bring some with me.

Larry

nava1uni

I would be interested in some smaller pieces, only have a little lathe.
I will bring Brat fixings, sauerkraut anyone? Let me know. I will also bring chairs, clay, etc.
Is it Sunday yet?

PaulSF

I would be interested in some smaller pieces, only have a little lathe.
I will bring Brat fixings, sauerkraut anyone? Let me know. I will also bring chairs, clay, etc.
Is it Sunday yet?

Hah! I just bought two jars of sauerkraut to bring along.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Arrival time is anytime after 9:59am. I PM'd you the address.

If anyone needs to call, my cell phone is:
nine two five - eight nine zero - three five zero zero

Man, that's hard to do. My fingers kept reaching up and hitting digits on their own.

GK

Was there a time decided? And what's the exact address again?

I think we're bringing a carrot beet salad

angboy

Thanks to Greg and Kimberly for opening up your home to us all and providing a great event. You're quite generous to have so many people come over. It was great fun- great food and nice to meet people and see some old friends. Well not old, as in aged, but old as in already knew ya

I'm going to upload some of the pix I took. I'm not able to really label each one and put names to every face, but there are pix of Cindy demo'ing PC, Larry demo'ing how to make a segmented blank, Greg showing drilling on the lathe as well as the celtic cross, and then just pix of people socializing and having a grand old time.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg