marketing/business question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chipd

Hello fellow turners- Now that I have more time to put towards my turning (recently retired), I have begun selling my product at a couple of craft shows. Does anyone know the legal requirements of selling items at craft shows? Do I need a business license or sometihng equivalant if I am only selling small amounts of product? I wouild appreciate some guidance. Thanks in advance, Chip

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Start with a "seller's permit" which is really a license to collect sales tax. This is a requirement in nearly every state.

After you apply for the number (which can be done on line, in many cases), "google" a phrase like "new business in California" or contact your state Small Business Administration and see if they can give you direction.

Laws do vary from state to state--in fact in Chicago, the sales tax rate increases in one BUILDING. How little you are is not important to them---no amount of red tape should be spared!!!

nava1uni

If you live in California, most fairs require a Reselling License. You get it from the California State Board of Equalization. It doesn't cost anything, just have to pay sales tax on your sales.

Top Bottom