Looking forward to our next meeting!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IBTurning

Are we due for another IAP meeting? I'm willing to host the meeting at my house. I could demo how to make your own pen bushings on a machine lathe if anyone is interested. (Just a thought)

Any ideas?

Larry

IBTurning

Next Meeting

I just looked at our calendar and it looks pretty full for February. I'm thinking of Sunday February 12th or sometime mid-March?

IBTurning

A this time we have 5 people (including me). Are there any others that can make February 12th? The alternate would be mid March. If you are unable to attend one or the other let us know.

Thanks,

Larry

darcisowers

Mid march is better for us. Girl Scout cookie season started today.

Anyone need a fix? I have 2 really cute girl scouts looking to sell their boxes of crack, errr, thinmints etc. We can bring them to you at the meeting.

IBTurning

March?

It looks like we have 4 people available for February, and 3 that can only make it in March. Would March 25th work for everyone?

:bananen_smilies068:

IBTurning

Cindy,

I had asked about March 25th, if that works. But I can do the 12th but it's the day after BAWA. Wasn't sure if people wanted to do 2 days in a row.

Larry

Jim Campbell

I'm good with teh 12th or 25th. I have an application deployment scheduled for the weekend of the 18th.

btw.......I am assuming the demo comes with a pair of cones for each of the attendees? :smile-big::smile-big::smile-big:

Or at least for those of us who don't have a metal lathe :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Last edited:

IBTurning

Head Count

Here is a summary so far for March 12 or 25th. Looks like we've had comments from 8 people. Most have said either date works, and possibly one with a no for the 12th. At this time we'll use the 25th as the 1st choice and the 12th as a 2nd choice. Keep me updated.

Curt - Mid March for me also. My grandson's birthday is on the 12th.
* I'm guessing this is a vote for the 25th.

Cindy - Either one works for me

Jim - I'm good with the 12th or 25th. I have an application deployment scheduled for the weekend of the 18th.

Larry D - Mid March sounds good (as far s I know).
* No problem with either?

Frank - I will make it work

Darci - Mid march is better for us. Girl Scout cookie season started today.

Bill - feb 12 is my sisters birthday a big one in age! so I can't make this meeting
* There has been no comment about March yet.

Dave - hiya.... could you please include me in the meeting? I'm just starting out.
* - No comment on dates.

IBTurning

March 25th

Lets settle on March 25th, it looks like most everyone was good with that day.:bananen_smilies068:

BMellber

March 25th Meeting

Larry,
I can make March 25th work. Perhaps we can count on the rain to have stopped by then. I like the subject matter and the option to explore other metals and styles. Should we plan on lunch for this one? Thanks for hosting this meeting!
Bill M

Rescue Chief

Hello

Hello everyone,

I recently moved back to Northern California and wanted to meet other turners in the area. I have only been turning for about 3 years.

Thank you,
Maxie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 185

IBTurning

Cindy - You are welcome, looking forward to seeing you on the 25th.

Bill - I have written a memo requesting sunshine that day. My plan is to show that the metal lathe is easy to use. Regarding lunch, this will be a regular meeting starting around 10am, lunch around noon, and finishing up when we are done (3 or 4ish).

Maxie - Welcome aboard! You should join us at our next meeting.

Thanks,

Larry

IBTurning

Larry,

No news. We are now set on a 3/25. Regarding food, I think we can wait till a couple of weeks prior to the meeting. As for a possible demo, I had offered to show how to use a metal lathe.

Stay dry,

Larry

I am going try my best to make it, as I will be returning from a house hunting trip a few days prior.

If I can make it, it will be my first one.

IBTurning

The agenda is usually pretty open. Sometimes we have a demo, sometimes we don't. I had mentioned the machine lathe, if there is enough interest. Much of the meeting is social. We usually will break for lunch around noon. There is also show and tell.

JoelAlbert

Count me in

I really would like to learn a bit about using a metal lathe. If anyone is interested I can show some sod of the work we have been doing for the closed in pen class.

Top Bottom