June meeting??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

Hi everyone. I wanted to see if people were interested and available for a meeting in June. Greg Ketell has volunteered his home, since he's pretty centrally located, but I thought I'd try to organize/spearhead it, rather than him being tasked with that. So here are some possible dates- please chime in and let me know what dates you'd prefer:

June 9th
June 10th
June 16th
June 23rd
June 24th

Thanks Angela. I have been going through withdrawals. Any of those days would be fine for me at this point, except June 23 is my oldest son's birthday.

It will be nice to see everybody again.

ldubia

Hi everyone. I wanted to see if people were interested and available for a meeting in June. Greg Ketell has volunteered his home, since he's pretty centrally located, but I thought I'd try to organize/spearhead it, rather than him being tasked with that. So here are some possible dates- please chime in and let me know what dates you'd prefer:

June 9th
June 10th
June 16th
June 23rd
June 24th

How about July? I am booked all through June and I really REALLY want to see everyone again.

Juner 8-10 is the AAW symposium. The 16th is a possible as I don't see much going on there. The weekend of the 23rd I am attending my nieces wedding in Half Moon Bay. The 30th I have another show in Scotts Vally.

What is the topic for this one? Demos?

darcisowers

the weekend of June 23/24 is Abby's birthday party - so we can't make it that weekend. Other weekends look good.

:) We can bring whatever (shade, brownies, etc)

Darci

angboy

So it's looking like the 16th might be the most popular date so far? Sounds like Ken, Larry and Darci are all available then? I did email a few of the other regulars to make sure they saw this post, but it's looking to me like maybe we should think about that date?

nava1uni

I am not available until the last weekend in June. June 9 and 10 are the symposium and I will then be out of town from June 12 through June 17th.
Sorry to miss seeing everyone. It has been a while.
Cindy

turn4fun

Oh Darn! We really would like to have another meeting and see everyone again. It's been a long time but June doen't look too good. The only dates we can make it are June 3 or June 16-17.
(The Symposium is June 9-10 and we're unavailable for June 23-24 and June 30-Jul. 1)

Best Wishes.. Connie and Larry

Dave_M

As much as I would love another gathering June and July are very full for me. My wife is gone most of June and I'm gone most of July. My schedule has been very fragmented all year. I've turned two pens and nothing else since December.

avbill

I'm busy on the 16 +17 of June. @ an art show
At the last week of July I'll be up in Washington sailing with my wife as we celebrate our 40th anniversary around the San Juan Islands

angboy

OK, let's go with June 16th- I've made an executive decision! So now, on to what people want to bring for food- please post here. I didn't have any specific ideas for demos, so if anyone knows of anything they're itnerested in, please post. I do have to dmit I've been struggling again with a CA finish, I know we had a demo on that once before, but it was awhile back. Would anyone find that useful again?

Also, let's plan on an 11 am start time, since that's seemed to work for people in the past.

ldubia

Works for me. I have a demo for people if they are interested. It is on offset turning for bowls. Any other suggestions?
I will check in with Rob to see if he's into coming down. He would love this.

I can bring potato salad.

turn4fun

Connie and I will be there. We'll bring a smoked salmon/trout dip with crackers and other goodies to scoop into the dip with. We'll also bring 2 chairs. What else do we need? I've seen Larry Dubia's offset bowl turning. It's interesting and will make a great demo.

I haven't been doing much turning lately but have made a few peppermills. I'm not sure what I could share about making peppermills, but I'd be glad to. Maybe I talk about the different kinds of kits available and the process of designing, turning, drilling and finishing a mill.. if any of that is of interest.

Larry Rayher

ldubia

It would be to me.

I have warned...er, I mean informed Robert Travis about the meeting and he may come.

Does anyone want any Manzanita, apricot pen stock, or English walnut? The manzanita is from our area here, the apricot is from a home inn los Gatos, and the English walnut is from a home on the summit. I can bring some if anyone wants some.

Last edited:
Thanks Angela, I am suffering from inconsistent CA finish results also. I missed the last demo and would enjoy seeing one. The offset bowl turning sounds very interesting as do peppermills. I am agreeable to just about anything.

I will bring a spinach salad. Any ideas on main dish? I will help with that also.

Larry, you know us, we are always looking for different wood.

ldubia

My demo is not a long one making plenty of room for other things if needed. Or we can do it another time. If I don't sell the pieces done that way I will bring them.

I will bring in several interesting pieces of wood.

I can bring some sandwich fixins too.

angboy

Ok so we have salmon dip, spinach salad, some sandwich fixins from larry. Larry let me know what you plan to bring as far as sandwiches and I can help fill in the blanks. I'm on my tablet and can't look at the first page but I think darci was going to bring brownies? Ken I'd love some the shredded chicken that I think you brought one time (hint, hint ;)).

Who has the ez-ups? For some reason I think larry had one and darci had one?

And it sounds like off-set bowl turningfor demo and peppermills?

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Ok so we have salmon dip, spinach salad, some sandwich fixins from larry. Larry let me know what you plan to bring as far as sandwiches and I can help fill in the blanks. I'm on my tablet and can't look at the first page but I think darci was going to bring brownies? Ken I'd love some the shredded chicken that I think you brought one time (hint, hint ;)).

Who has the ez-ups? For some reason I think larry had one and darci had one?

And it sounds like off-set bowl turningfor demo and peppermills?

I have an EZ-up too. And just let me know what to bring as far as food/drinks!

GK

angboy

So it look like we have two ez-ups with Greg and Darci's. Larry, just let me know your plans as far as sandiwches fixin's so I can fill in the blank. Greg, would drinks be an easy thing for you?

ldubia

We got a meeting. We got a meeting. This should be fun. I will of course bring my wood selection. and a couple of interesting pieces I have done if they don't sell at the symposium. Would love the critique. and maybe other stuff. Just have to wait and see.

angboy

So we have salmon dip-turn4fun
spinach salad and shredded chicken from Ken
sandwich fixins and schmears from larry
brownies and ez-up from Darci
drinks and an ez-up from Greg
bread for sandwiches and chips from Angela

off-set bowl turning and peppermills demos

Can anyone think of anything else we might need?

SloLouie

Sorry for waiting till the last minute, but I'll be a no show, work got in the way. One day I'll have the privilege of meeting the rest of you. Remember, no pics, never happened!
Cheers,

Rob

angboy

Thanks Ken- I'm actually leaving tomorrow afternoon and doing an overnight trip. Looking frwad to seeing you on Saturday! I was hoping it'd be cooler than Fresno, but when I checked the weather, it's supposed to be a high of 103 in Fresno and 101 in Pleasanton... :(:( Hope that doesn't scare anyone off!

ldubia

Only 101? Is that all? :eek: I'd better bring a jacket. :biggrin: I'll see you all on Saturday. I got the goodies, got the wood pile, got the demo stuff, lost my mind, got the show and tell, what'd I forget? :confused:

ldubia

What can I say. Larry is a popular name. I once had two friends named Larry. When someone said the name all three of us would respond with "what". It would drive people crazy. We had fun with that.

Top Bottom