June Meeting???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave_M

Anyone have any preferences for sodas?

Hey Larry,
I'm partial to diet coke but I'll take just about anything really.

If I could get a heads up as to what folks are bringing to help out with lunch, that would help me out. I just want to make sure the basics are covered.

Looking forward to the meeting because I have lidded box / bowl questions.
Dave

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Well I can't find the post(s) talking about food so I'll just throw this out there: I'll plan on bringing a bucket of potato salad and mac salad from the local grocery store.

Let me know if you want me to bring something else or something more.

GK

Dave_M

Sounds good Greg. I probably should start a separate thread for the food because it's burried in this one somewhere.

I should have plenty of water. My wife buys bottled water to take to work plus we have a whole house potassium water softener which removes the chlorine and general contaminants. This area of town has very hard water. Out kitchen also has a 5 stage reverse osmosis filter for anyone who wants the purest filtered water. I'll also have plenty of ice on hand.

Right now the weather is looking great for Saturday. 84 and breezy. Part of my garage is a pull through so I can open both ends and when there is a breeze blowing through, it's really nice in there.

Time to clean up the garage today. Maybe turn one more pen if I have time. I have a piece of Mexican Agate tru-stone that I've been wanting to use with a Ti Gold Olympia kit. I haven't turned a round top euro pen yet and I noticed my best customer's wife carries a round top pen. I haven't sold him anything in a few months so I'm betting I'll be hearing from him soon. When he decides to buy, he likes to buy a lot all at once. My kind of customer.

Dave_M

I hadn't even thought what to bring, so can bring whatever's needed, as long as it's purchase-able!

Hi Angela,
I'm happy to hear you'll be joining us tomorrow. I'll start a new thread with menu items. If you want to bring paper plates, utensils & cups that would be great. Otherwise any pre/post lunch snack item would also be good.

Dave_M

Thank you all for making the trek to my place today. Cindy, we missed you but I hope things went well for your daughter. What a wonderful opportunity for her.

I'm glad Jay was able to make it. I always enjoy seeing your turnings Jay.

I forgot to mention one thing about the Qualalacq lacquer. You have to thin it with Qualalacq lacquer thinner. If you use straight up lacquer thinner it usually makes a gummy mess. Based on what I've read on other finishing forums, a few people have used it with standard lacquer thinner successfully but most, including myself, end up with a mess most of the time. I do all my cleanup with standard lacquer thinner but I use the Qualalacq thinner for thinning the product. It looks like Woodcraft also carries the lacquer: http://www.woodcraft.com/family/2005524/2005524.aspx

Larry thank you for bringing us some nice wood today. Looking forward to tearing into it. Somedays tearing into it accurately describes what I do with a bowl gouge.

I appreciate everyone bringing something to the table... so to speak. It's always an education for me and I enjoy learning new ideas.

Dave

nava1uni

It sure sounds like you all had a good time. I was very sorry that I couldn't attend. My daughter's meeting was lengthy, starting at 9:00 AM and lasting until 2:00 PM. It was very intensive. There were 137 applicants and 67 semi-finalists. There are 3 groups from SF, New York and St. Paul. They will interview the kids in the other areas in the next 2 weeks and then pick 30 out of the 67. Yesterday they did group projects, met each other and had private interviews, while the parents listened to the agenda, met each other and then watched presentations by the groups. It was quite a lot. Keep your fingers crossed. She finds out at the beginning of July-I will let you all know.

Top Bottom