June 9th meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Ok, since it seems like the 9th fits best for the majority of the group lets make that the date.

Now, for location? Anyone up for hosting at their place this time? If not, we can go with the defacto and do it here. If we do do it here, I might ask someone else to "host" and we'll be the "venue". Every once in a while I like to just relax and attend.

Demos/Discussions:
Sharpening

Food:
Something COLD. It will be HOT here at that time of the year. (unless we are having a "global climate change moment".

GK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

I would offer my place, but it is too small to accommodate more then 4 or 5. However, I would be happy to host it at your house. PM and tell me what that means and I will take care of it. Thank you in advance for once again offering your home as a meeting place.

ldubia

I can bring my mac salad again.

on a side note...Is anyone interested in buying old growth redwood large blanks such as bowl blanks, etc? He can make them any size you need. They are fairly inexpensive.

turn4fun

Great we'll be home in time to make the meeting! We'll probably bring a cold spaghetti salad. If we find some time to catch some kokanee salmon at Lake Berryessa before the meeting, we'll bring some kind of a smoked salmon hor-deuvre(?spelling). We'll also bring chairs and can bring a small table if needed.. Larry Rayher

Jim Campbell

I have a vendors tent (E-Z Go) if you need it. I can also swing a couple of 6' tables and some chairs.

I'll also supply some beverages and perhaps a vege tray?

nava1uni

Since I said I would host I am going to start another thread regarding food. Please list what you will bring so I can keep track of what we might need.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
You pretty much got it, Cindy. Organizing the food, demos, etc. Arrive early to help setup, leave late to help clean up. Herd the cats during the event.

Thanks for taking it on. It will be much more relaxing just getting to attend one.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
For all the new folks that are attending,

the meeting setup starts around 10am; usually done by me and the host and a couple of others who want to show up early. The "formal" meeting starts around 11am. Quotes because this is more of a gathering of friends hanging out and talking shop than anything "formal".

If you need address or directions please PM me or Cindy.

Meeting "Agenda":
Gathering
Braggart's Table: bring things you want to show off, things you have questions about, things to discuss. Can be pens, bowls, other turnings, tools, jigs, basically anything that might be of interest to the group.
Yak yak yak.
Lunch with more yak yak yak
Demos/discussions: this time we are planning on discussing sharpening. I'd like to see if someone wants to do a demo. (We are trying to make it "demo one meeting, braggart's table display of others' making of the demo'd project")
Discussion of next meeting
clean up and wrap up
Yak yak

Meeting usually wraps up between 3 and 4pm but we have had shorter and longer depending on discussions/demos/yakking.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Portable Air Conditioner?

It is supposed to be quite toasty this weekend. While my garage is insulated it isn't great.

1) wear cool clothing
2) lots of fans will help
3) if anyone has a portable A/C could you please port it here?

I'm looking forward to the gathering!!

Top Bottom