January meeting note

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

Darci and Andy,
Thank you for the wonderful tie and food and demo. In short, thanks for EVERYTHING! I enjoyed learning from Greg the finer points of maintaining the size of a blank after inlay cuts by adding black construction paper (Very interesting), as well as the demo and hands on with the 360 herringbone. Even your stuffups look good. I hope my will look as well as yours. I finally got around to finishing the glue up and tried to turn it. Alas, it didn't cooperate. :eek: I had a major blowout. Stuffed another blank. Oh well.
360 blowout-1.jpg 360 blowout-2.jpg 360 blowout-3.jpg

I look forward to the next meeting when I can bring some mule deer and elk antler. I also hope to bring a sample of something else I am attempting. I am waiting for the results from the partner in question in Wyoming for that part.

Is anyone going to the Midwest Penturning Gathering in Champaigne, IL this year? My wife and I are considering the trip. If you have been there for this, could you tell me how it was, is it worth the trip out, should I bring anything, look for anything, etc.
Any thoughts are appreciated here.

Once again, Darci and Andy, thanks for the effort you put into the meeting. And thanks to everyone else who made it such a fun and memorable time.

Larry:cat:

Top Bottom