Jan 15th Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

Art,
Thanks for opening your home to our rowdy crew of wood jockies, All kidding aside, I enjoyed the meeting tremendously. I learned some valuable information there and got a chance to see old friends again. The food was great. Darci, thankls for the "death by chocolate" brownies. Ken, the chicken chili was very tasty as was Art's chili.

I enjoyed the round table and the informative discussions we all shared. The chuck discussion was good. I learned somethings I didn't realize I didn't know. I also enjoyed the CA/BLO discussion. I have wanted to to try this and had no idea where to start.

As usual, the show off table was a hit. There are truly some amazing turners and artists in our midst.

Again, thanks for letting us use your home for our meeting. It was fun.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

I want to also thank Larry for sharing his magic mystery boxes with all of us. I have been wanting to try some of the wood in my box. What a treat to have a great meeting, great food, learning and presents. When is the next meeting?

atsowers

Oh... I forgot... thanks for the GREAT photo discussion... We definitely need to get one of those backgrounds...

Thx
Andy

Last edited:

Dave_M

Art,
Thank you for having us all invade your home yesterday. It was good to see everyone again. I very much appreciate Ken giving me a ride. Pain meds and driving don't mix so I would have missed out otherwise. Plus it was good to have the talk time and get to know Ken along the way.

Oh... and them brownies. Thank you Darci. I couldn't just have one.

Thanks everybody. The meeting yesterday was great. I really enjoyed the photography and chucking demo's. Food was great and company was, as usual, excellent. Thanks Art, for sharing your house and saltwater tank with us.

Dave, I enjoyed having the company on the ride. It was great getting to know you. You should host the next meeting. I think your house would be perfect.

By the way, Ryan stole almost every piece of wood I brough back.

turn4fun

Art.. thanks for hosting the meeting and letting us enjoy the comfort of your home. As always we enjoy these meetings. It's great to be able to learn from others and share ideas. Bill and Greg's ideas about taking photos was a real eyeopener for me. Between football games today, I sharpened all of my tools.. being inspired by Greg. I now have a skew that's scary sharp and yes, I can shave the hair on my arm with it. Lots of good ideas during the roundtable. We're glad to be part of a group like this.. Connie and Larry

darcisowers

Thanks everyone for a wonderful meeting. Art - we'd never know you were one of the newest sucked into the vortex....You've made some really COOL projects, some that I'm too "nervous" to attempt!!! :wink:

As always, the information was great, food stellar (Ken, recipe for the chicken chili please?), and the goodies. AAAHH - the goodies. THANKS so much for the boxes Larry.

So - sice our last meeting was in Nov, will we keep up with the two month schedule, or go back to 3? Depending on the weekend, we could do either. Who's hosting the next meeting? Dave - I see you've been nominated. :biggrin:

Last edited:

ldubia

A two month schedule? I could get into that. Dave, nice of yo to volunteer. :eek:)

I'm glad you guys all helped yourself to wood. As I thought, my redwood supplier called today with news he has a 1/2 ton ready for me. I pick it up tomorrow. Let me know if anyone wants more. I will always have plenty to share. I don't mind the low price as it is for a bunch of friends anyway.

I think we should honor the people who have birthdays between meetings. So anyone with a birthday between this month and our next meeting should let us all know so we can have fun with it. Mine is in March. Cupcakes with candles is cool or a cake if someone wants to buy or bake. we could all get into that.

Thanks again Art. It was a blast.

nava1uni

I would be up for every 2 months. I learn a lot every time we get together and I like getting to know everyone a little bit better. As the Care Bears say "sharing is caring".
I will bake a cake to celebrate birthdays.

ldubia

What do you think Mr President? Every two months, plus a cake for the birthdays of the period? I would offer a cake as well for other times. We could all pitch in for the meeting and offer one person to do the cake. That way we could all share in the fun. What do you all think? Am I nuts or what?

turn4fun

Hey Ken.. that chili was great.. When we were driving home after the meeting, Connie was saying how much she liked it and that she would love to have the recipe.. Larry Rayher

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
What do you think Mr President?

No presidents in evidence. Just a duly suckered head cheer leader.

Every two months,

If we can pull it off, great. But we've been having a real hard time doing every 3 months consistently.
plus a cake for the birthdays of the period? I would offer a cake as well for other times. We could all pitch in for the meeting and offer one person to do the cake. That way we could all share in the fun. What do you all think? Am I nuts or what?

Oh, absolutely. But we like you anyway!!

reefboy1

Every two months is perfectly fine with me. I had a great time. It definitely gives me inspiration to try new stuff (despite my faulty grinder and weirly sharpened tools!).

Art

nava1uni

Every two months is perfectly fine with me. I had a great time. It definitely gives me inspiration to try new stuff (despite my faulty grinder and weirly sharpened tools!).

Art

Weird is as weird does. If they cut and you can work with them then I guess that is okay. Everyone learns overtime what works best for them and if it accomplishes what they want.. If not then you can learn to do it better, which it sounds like you are doing it.

Top Bottom