Greg and a new project

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

Greg started turning a new bowl Saturday from a LARGE piece of redwood I brought to him. The idea was to cut a few bowls from the middle and turn the remained into a rough shape. This was accomplished although with less than we had started with due to rot and mud. :eek:

I thought I would share the pics I had taken just from that one portion accomlished.

Greg contemplating the form.jpg Greg contemplates the form to be.
Now this goes here.jpg Now this goes on here.
Bottoms done.jpg The bottom is done.
Bottom close up 1.jpgbottom close up 2.jpg These are closeups of the bottom of the bowl.

Needless to say, we were all awed by the beauty of the wood.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

Sorry I missed the event! That wood looks awesome. How many blanks did you cut from it?

He cut four. The larger one is yours. I should have called and let you know. Sorry. I will bring it to the meeting. I was going to try it on my lathe but it won't fit well enough.

Fred

Beautiful piece. Be sure to post pictures of the inside as well when you get finished.

You have a 'source' for this large of a piece of material? Might definitely be interested in acquiring something like this for the East Coast folk to drool over. $$$ if available. :biggrin:

ldubia

Beautiful piece. Be sure to post pictures of the inside as well when you get finished.

You have a 'source' for this large of a piece of material? Might definitely be interested in acquiring something like this for the East Coast folk to drool over. $$$ if available. :biggrin:

I AM the source. I have more AND am working on getting a 2000 lb burl. That should be fun. let me know if you need some.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
That's a great looking piece of wood! Looking forward to some finished pics.

It will be a little while; that is a great looking piece of very wet wood. But I will post pictures when I finish turning the big bowl. Hopefully Larry and Art will post up when they finish theirs too.

GK

ldubia

That's a great looking piece of wood! Looking forward to some finished pics.

It will be a little while; that is a great looking piece of very wet wood. Hopefully Larry and Art will post up when they finish theirs too.

GK

I will be posting mine once it is finished as well. I have a couple others I am working on wet too. Fun stuff this.

nava1uni

Larry's wood is very beautiful. I picked up a piece on Saturday that I will turn into two bowls. The figure is very beautiful. All of his wood has very beautiful grain. The seam rippers and other items have all finished very nicely.

Top Bottom