Gathering Feb 21st or 22nd?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Our regularly scheduled meeting is the 3rd weekend of the month, every three months. Feb 21 or 22 is it.

Anyone up for hosting this one? Otherwise we can do it at my place again.

GK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reefboy1

Hi all,

I'm free on Sunday 22 Feb and can host it at my condo. Parking may be tricky but usually by late morning there's plenty.

Art

reefboy1

Hi all,

Looks like we have 6 and a maybe for Sunday. Should we shoot for that (22 Feb)? As I mentioned, we can have it at my place. How does 10am to 2:30pm sound?

I do have a new One-Way Easy-Core (and Greg's knives) so can do a coring demo if folks are interested (and I'm able to get a suitable blank).

Art

nava1uni

Sounds good me. I would like to do a coring. I am contemplating getting a corer. It will be nice to see people. Should we do sandwiches etc? You will need to PM us your new address.

reefboy1

Red Oak Blank

Hi all,

I roughed out a Red Oak blank (12" x 5.5") for the coring demo next week. It's much harder than the ones I cored last week so I really hope it goes well :)

1_Oak_Bowl.jpg

Art

BMellber

I'm in for Sunday if that is the day. I like the idea of everyone bringing something to share for lunch. I can host a meeting in the future if you need a place.
Let me know the time and place for the meeting on the 22nd.
Bill

ldubia

I'm in for Sunday the 22nd. Lokingforward to it. I'll bring a mac salad or something. I can bring my McNaughton coring set as well so we have two to compare. I also have large piece of redgum, (I think) . I need to round it out and get it ready. Art, I can only assume you have a lathe with a 1 1/4 x8 spindle? I will bring my chucks so we can cut it to fit them as we core it.

reefboy1

Hi all,

Looks like we have 8 attendees now.

Larry - sure bring your's as well. It'll be nice to see that in action as well.

Art

reefboy1

Hi Cindy,

No, I have a few blanks. But if you'd like to have one cored, feel free to bring it :) Just be sure it's already roughed out so we don't have to spend time doing that.

My lathe has a 16" swing but my limiting factor is my 4" jaw on the 3.5" chuck.

Art

reefboy1

Hi all,

Concerning logistics. I do have a fold out table we can use in my garage for any show and tell folks would like to bring. If we'd like to also eat lunch down there, some one may want to bring a second table for us to put the food (My garage is downstairs of the main condo).

I also have 6 chairs - so some folks may want to bring a chair.

reefboy1

I think we're set with my table and Greg's. Jim - just bring a chair for yourself.

Bill - I PM'ed you last week with the address, I'll resend it.

Let's start at 10am. I have to leave for my son's Baseball game between 2 and 2:30pm so we'll end it by then.

See you all tomorrow.
Art

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you, Art, for having us all over to your place. I had a great time visiting with everyone and seeing what people are up to these days!

If anyone is interested in doing segmented turning, here are a few links to get you started:
Jim Rodgers' site where you will find the class handouts for the segementing class LarryB and I are taking as well as a bunch of other useful stuff: Jim Rodgers' Designs in Wood-Contact

The home of the Seg-Easy sled I showed off and the "setup segments" called Wedgies:
Seg-Easy Solutions (Click on the "The Wedgie Sled" angled segment image to go right to the page about the sled)

A detailed YouTube video on building the segmenting sled we are using for the class:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E45244qX1PM (The detailed measurements for this sled are in Jim's handouts above).

Dave_M

Art,
Thanks for opening your home and your nice workspace to us. It was great to see everyone again. You all are still doing some beautiful turnings and Greg is still building awesome jigs. Thanks for posting up the links Greg.

Dave

nava1uni

Thank you for opening your home to all of us on Saturday. I had a good time and it was really neat seeing everyone and having time together after so long. Seeing people's work was nice and the coring demo made me interested in getting a coring set up. The name of the silicone piece I was talking about is Staybowlizer and here is the link to it - Amazon.com: Staybowlizer Orange Silicone Bowl Stabilizer: Mixing Bowls: Kitchen & Dining

MartinPens

Well, looks like I missed another one. I have to get into the habit of checking the forum on a regular basis. Work has been so busy.

image-2193393271.jpg

I would like to bring my coastal scents powders to the next meeting to see if anybody is interested in them.I have 15 small containers of various colors. If you're interested prior to the next get together, give me a call or send me an email and we can get together.

909 559 2512
MartinPens@gmail.com

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry we missed you, Martin!

As a reminder to all, there is a sticky-post at the top of the forum on how to subscribe to the forum so you will get email updates for any new threads and/or any new updates to existing threads.

MartinPens

Thanks Greg. I finally figured it out. I couldn't subscribe using my iPad but I was able to do it with my computer so now maybe I won't miss announcements. Looking forward to the next gathering

Top Bottom