Gathering 12/9/2017

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

Sounds good to me. When and what shall I bring. Not available on the 2/3 or 9. Santa Cruz Woodturners Association meets on the 9th.

It will be great to see all the friends I have missed for so long.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I'm sorry you can't make it, Frank.

LarryD, we'll miss you too. Good luck on whatever else you are doing on the 9th.

chicken

I get back in town from LA on 7th and may be able to make it. What time are you guys starting? If I can make it, do you guys want me to smoke something? Ribs, pork or brisket? Thanks Chris.

Jim Campbell

12/9 should work.

I get back from an onsite vendor visit in Raleigh, NC, on the evening of the 8th. We also have a deployment that weekend.

Having said all that, I am going to try and drop by. I may not be able to stay for the duration, but it would be nice to see some of the pen turning group again, and look at what might be on the display table.

Greg, let me know where you have gaps in the food, dessert, or beverages, and I'll pick some things up.

It's also been a couple of years since I've ben out to your place. If you could PM me with the address it would be great.

Last edited:

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
So far we have ham, chips, and fruit. I'll get breads, cheeses, condiments. We have water and a selection of diet drinks. If someone wants to bring regular drinks, sandwich veggies, etc., just speak up.

Chicken, we usually start gathering around 10 for setup with a "formal start" at 11am. And it goes until we run out of things to say and do, usually 3 or 4 pm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BMellber

Will miss you all

Sorry, I will be out of town on the 9th. Wishing all of you a Happy Holiday season and look forward to seeing you in 2018. Maybe by then I will have something new to share. I have several pens at the Pleasanton Library if you are in the neighborhood, stop by and see the glass cabinets inside the entrance thru the end of December. Bill

Bob in SF

Hi Greg and CalTurners - Looking forward to tomorrow's meeting - anything not already being brought?

Or should I surprise us?

See you tomorrow - and thanks! - Bob Markison aka Bob in SF

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I'll see you all tomorrow sometime between 10 and 11.
Bob and Marty, nothing specific needed. Take a look above and bring whatever you think will blend well.

chicken

Sorry I just got home from a business trip and unfortunately picked up a fun cold this week and will not be able to make it tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up at the next meeting. Happy holidays!

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Anyone missing a spoon?

We've gained serving spoons each of the last couple meetings. If you are missing one, please let me know.

attachment.php

Attachments

• D660D4F1-F858-491B-ADC1-AA0E8B040B7C.jpg
    D660D4F1-F858-491B-ADC1-AA0E8B040B7C.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:

Bob in SF

Thanks again for a great and generous gathering, Greg and Kim!

Those are not my spoons, but whoever turned them has mad skills.:wink:

Happy Sunday to all - Bob

nava1uni

Greg and Kim,
As usual your hospitality was much appreciated. It was nice to see everyone and to catch up. Some nice work being done Bob and so nice to end the year seeing everyone.
Thanks again and have a nice holiday season everyone

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I'm really glad y'all came. It was very nice seeing everyone who could come. Let's shoot for late-Feb, early-March for our next meeting and make this one on a Sunday so those who work Saturdays can attend. We'll start trading off Sat/Sun to give better opportunity for All.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom