Feb/March get together?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

Kathy and I will be in Hawaii through the middle of February for her birthday. After that is wide open to my knowledge. By the way, what is the challenge for this meeting?

ldubia

Skiing? In Hawaii? Talk about global warming!

Feb 24 works for me.

Bells are good. That is far different than we have done before. What of demos, discussions, etc. Any challenge ideas from the group?

I now have an NSK Presto if anyone wants to give it a whirl. Gotta be careful with it so we don't burn out the bits or the turbine, but it is fun to play with.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Skiing? In Hawaii? Talk about global warming!
Yes, on the big island. Snow caps happened every few years. Nothing like here, but it did snow.

Feb 24 works for me.

Bells are good. That is far different than we have done before. What of demos, discussions, etc.

I think that is what Art was talking about: a demo of how I did my bells.

Any challenge ideas from the group?

How about LONG, THIN spindles? That is something that I've been wanting to try but been afraid to. This would be a good excuse.

I now have an NSK Presto if anyone wants to give it a whirl. Gotta be careful with it so we don't burn out the bits or the turbine, but it is fun to play with.

nava1uni

February 24th will work for me. I like the idea of the bell demonstration. I would also like to talk about tips and tricks that we are using for different tasks.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Ok, so Feb 23rd it is. Shall we just do it at my place again?

Hopefully Jim Burr will join us too, but it depends on his work schedule.

mharvey

feb/march

Just joined...I am in Tracy...love to meet and see what is a good snakeskin casting product....

ldubia

Just joined...I am in Tracy...love to meet and see what is a good snakeskin casting product....

Welcome to the group. I look forward to meeting you. What exactly are you looking for in regards to casting? The acrylic material or ???

What is the menu going to be for this one? I can bring something but not sure what yet. Got to think on that first.

turn4fun

Hi.. Connie and I are gone from Feb. 20 - 24. Sorry for responding so late. Looks like we'll have to see everyone at a future meeting. Best Wishes.. Connie and Larry Rayher

Jim Campbell

Linda and I will be attending a Chinese New Years celebration at 1:00.

Bummer........I would like to see the bell demo and buy some Rosewood blanks. Can the demo be recorded?

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Jim, I will try to make a video. But if I can't then you are welcome to come by some evening/weekend and I'll be happy to teach you one on one. You will be the third or fourth person so don't think you are putting me out. I love teaching almost more than turning.

Gk

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
We will miss you guys, Larry. Let us know when you are in town in the June/July timeframe and we will try to schedule so you don't miss three in a row.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader

Welcome to the group.

I don't think any of us has cast a snakeskin before. But I would think PR might be the way to go so you have time to degas with vacuum and the apply pressure.

I have to take Emily to a bday party on the 23rd, so I'm a no show. Andy might come.... will leave that choice up to him.

You can always make up what you miss here but you can't make up a 6th(?) birthday. Have fun with the kids!

What is the menu going to be for this one? I can bring something but not sure what yet. Got to think on that first.

Let's keep it simple and just do sandwiches and maybe a salad. We'll need meats, cheeses, breads, etc. helps to keep the costs down too by spreading the load across several folks.

Gk

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Whistle Whetting....

This is Jay's "Primo Amboyna" box... (with a few other things in it)
attachment.php

And this is the "Misc cut-off" box.... (HRB, Amboyna, Thuya, Desert Ironwood, and more)
attachment.php

There are Many Many other boxes.
He will also be bringing turning tools, casting stuff, etc. You've seen what he makes, you can imagine what he used to make it. It is all for sale. *SIGH*

Bring lots of $$.

Attachments

• IMG_0770.jpg
    IMG_0770.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0771.jpg
    IMG_0771.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

Jim Campbell

Jim, I will try to make a video. But if I can't then you are welcome to come by some evening/weekend and I'll be happy to teach you one on one. You will be the third or fourth person so don't think you are putting me out. I love teaching almost more than turning.

Gk
Greg,

Thanks for the offer on the lessons. I'll take you up on it. I'll bring some snacks.........

Too bad I'll miss out on all the great wood.

Jim

turn4fun

Thanks Greg.. we miss all of you too. We don't want to miss 3 meetings in a row so we'll keep spaces open on our calendar during June and July. Have a great meeting.. Larry Rayher

ldubia

Larry and Connie, we will all miss seeing you. Hopefully we can all get together for the next one. I can't wait to see what you've created in the meantime.

Erik831

Hi don't know if you remember me ldubia I met you at the de anza flea market we talked for a while ,at any rate I was wondering if I could come to this meeting?

MartinPens

My family and I will be moving up in June. Right now it looks like San Ramon.
Pray that we can sell our place down here. Putting it on the market early in March.
Perhaps I'll get to see folks at the June/July meeting. Looking forward to it.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Desert Ironwood LOG

Jay found this hiding under one of his work benches. It has been there for years so is really dry.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Take a look at ebay pricing and decide what you would be willing to pay for it. :biggrin:

Attachments

• DI_Log-1.jpg
    DI_Log-1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 245
  • DI_Log-2.jpg
    DI_Log-2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 243
  • DI_Log-3.jpg
    DI_Log-3.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 239
  • DI_Log-4.jpg
    DI_Log-4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 245

Dick Mahany

Will join for the first time

Greg,

I'm looking forward to joining. I'll bring some Italian deli style cold cuts if that works. Sounds like a lot of fun.:)

Dick

Top Bottom