December meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

as it is coming close to December, we should probably start discussing [particulars on meeting info soon. Cindy had mentioned swapping ornaments for Christmas, a very cool idea. And the demo of the pepper mills is good too. I can't wait to see what the group decides to do and the menu, etc.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Yes, Dec 15th at my house. The 15th is the only day that Angela and Jay can make it so I'm carving this one in "stone".

And Art is "Hosting"; I'm just the "venue" this time around. :biggrin:

reefboy1

Hi all,

Just a few more weekends until our 15th Dec meeting. At this point, our agenda looks like this:

- Peppermill Mill build discussion with Art and Larry. I'll bring some samples and describe my build process. Larry will describe his diagonal blank build process

- Holiday ornament show and tell and gift swap. Please bring 1 ornament that you've turned which will be put into the pool for the gift swap. Most likely we'll do a blind draw to see which ornament you go home with. Let me know your thoughts.

We'll figure out the potluck details as we get closer.

Thanks,
Art

ldubia

Hi all,

- Holiday ornament show and tell and gift swap. Please bring 1 ornament that you've turned which will be put into the pool for the gift swap. Most likely we'll do a blind draw to see which ornament you go home with. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Art
Just wondering if we should wrap them and make it more of a surprise. Sort of a white elephant thing. could be fun. Just curious.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone again and learning more about pepper mills. I have four or five kits to do.

Fun, fun, fun.

reefboy1

To be honest, I don't mind if they are wrapped but I don't prefer not to do white elephant. We'll do a blind draw for the gifts (to avoid hurt feelings).

I've still not sure what I'm going to do...

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I agree with art. White elephant only really works with joke gifts too and I don't think we want to do that. Bring a wrapped ornament and we will draw numbers for pick order. But this way everyone gets a nice ornament.

reefboy1

Hi all,

2 more weekends until our meeting. Let's update our headcount and get a list of what food folks are bringing.

I'll bring Chili.

I did a dry run on my Christmas decoration today, hopefully I'll be able to get a finished product on the second try (first one is definitely an early draft).

Thanks,

Art

ldubia

I have to finish the craft fair to get some time making the ornament. I am thinking macaroni salad.

We may have a new member coming by. I got a call from the BAWA president today saying he was interested in checking out the meeting. Not sure if he'll make it or not.

Last edited:

MartinPens

I've been following the thread. It looks like I may be moving to the Pleasanton area in June of 2013. Our family is coming up on Dec 19 to check out the area and get a feel for things. If all goes well, I look forward to joining everyone NEXT year! Cheers

nava1uni

I've been following the thread. It looks like I may be moving to the Pleasanton area in June of 2013. Our family is coming up on Dec 19 to check out the area and get a feel for things. If all goes well, I look forward to joining everyone NEXT year! Cheers

It would be great to have you come to our meetings. I hope that your visit in December gives you a good idea of the area. You might contact Greg since he lives in Pleasanton and has lots of good information.

I finally got my schedule cleared for that day, I will definitely be there. Can't wait, it's been way too long. I will bring a pot of chicken chili.

Martin, welcome. This is a great group. I really like your cigar illusion pens and look forward to seeing them.

Any other Fresno people want to carpool?

reefboy1

Sausages would be good :)

Ok Greg - you're going to have to show me how to sharpen this huge Skew. It's fun to use but I've ruined a few pieces in a millisecond with it.

Art

ldubia

Isn't that the other name for an unintentional spiral maker? Good luck with that thing. It works great when it works. Getting it to work is the key. Practice, practice, practice. I've been using mine a lot more lately. I still get the occasional fun whoopees but I'm getting closer everyday.

reefboy1

Yeah, I've gotten good at using it make square things round but doing beading work is where I hose up.

I certainly need practice.

Art

angboy

I'll be there. I won't really be able to bring anything that requires "making" since I'll be staying in my completely empty house in Clovis- literally an air mattress is about all I have there, but I can buy anything that's needed if anyone knows of anything?

Top Bottom