Dec 11th meeting in San Jose

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darcisowers

we'll be home from church at 11, so we'll aim to start setting up then.

I think I'll make a big pot of chili, so bring stuff to go with that. :wink: Might even be persuaded to make some brownies, if anyone will help me eat them.

now, I've gotta get off this computer and start working on the house!

Let me know if you need our address....

we need chairs and tables.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

I am going t miss being there with everyone. I have my show until around 5PM at Henry Cowel State Park. Let me know how things went and what was discussed. Also what the new challenge will be. I hope to be at the next one.

If anyone wants to come out to the redwoods and visit the show and say hi, I am thrilled to say there is a wonderful short hike around the nature loop right next to the show. The park is on the back side of Roaring Camp Railroad so you can walk through to the trains and look around there as well.

Have fun at the meeting.

Merry Holidays.

darcisowers

Yes to the tables/chairs... Andy just took our old disintegrating table to the dump today. I think we'll buy one of those folding plastic ones.

we're looking forward to seeing you all again.

Last edited:

Dave_M

Hi Darci,
I'm still trying to work it out. I had a customer call me today wanting a couple custom pens by next week. I'm trying to figure out how I can squeeze the job into my schedule, which has been very fragmented lately.

nava1uni

Darci, I am going to bring a new turner with me to this gathering. I met her at a sharpening workshop. So there is one more for brownie eating. I thought that Larry and Connie could make it on the 11th. I will call them. I will bring chairs.

darcisowers

whew. I was trying to figure out how to make a smaller batch of brownies - cause *I* don't need to eat THAT MANY!! :biggrin:

Oh, and now I think I'm making a chicken vegetable soup - not chili.

come on, we'll be "ready" at 11 on Sunday. chairs will arrive soon thereafter.

no "agenda" is planned (at least, not on my part), so we'll just show off our goods (we don't have much turning stuff that is new; flatwork is another story), and visit. Just the way it should be.

angboy

Wish I could make it but I don't think I'm going to be able to, due to some other personal committments. Hopefully next meeting though. Wish I could see people, please have a great holiday season!

Life keeps getting in the way of fun, but that's what pays the bills. I can't make it either due to some personal and business issues.

I'm sad to miss what will be another great meeting with great people. Have fun and see you all at the next one.

Merry Christmas to all.

Ken

Dave_M

Same here. I recieved another call today requesting more pens. For a while there I didn't think I would sell any this month. Now I can't make'm fast enough. Plus today I was asked to be a consultant on the "Rescue The Kids" home here in Fresno. When completed, "Rescue the Kids" will house approx 200 women & children for up to 18 months at a time. The folks at the Fresno Rescue Mission pulling this together are an amazing group of people and I'm honored to be asked to play a part. Busy busy busy.

markgum

Just want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for a wonderful new year. We are settling into life in Michigan. Nice to have 'cold' weather, but had to buy a heater for the garage so I can work out there. However, that dang day job keep getting in my way. Life will slow a little after 1 Jan.
Glad to see you all are still such a motivated group. We have a great group here and it is nice to put names with faces.

nava1uni

Just want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for a wonderful new year. We are settling into life in Michigan. Nice to have 'cold' weather, but had to buy a heater for the garage so I can work out there. However, that dang day job keep getting in my way. Life will slow a little after 1 Jan.
Glad to see you all are still such a motivated group. We have a great group here and it is nice to put names with faces.

Glad that things are working out well. Have a good holiday season. Hope the snow and cold are not too much.

nava1uni

Just want to thank Darci and Andy for their hospitality. It was a small meeting, but it was nice seeing the people who did come. Andy, your CNC machine is really something and I am really impressed that you are building it. I am looking forward to see it completed and working.

darcisowers

it was a small "meeting", wasn't it? :biggrin:

It's always nice to get together. I'm so glad you three came - it was fun to show off what we've been up to, and sit around and visit. I'm very sorry that rest of y'all couldn't make it.

Oh, and Cindy, that was the best salad I've had in a long time. Feel free to bring us salad anytime. :wink:

Andy's out cursing the CNC (maybe I need to shut the door before he wakes the children?), so I'm thinking we won't be making any signs this week... :tongue:

Next meeting in Feb/Mar???

Last edited:

Dave_M

I finally finished my second ornament. Wow, it's been busy!

I posted pics here.

I wish I could have made the trek up north. I hate missing the meetings because I always learn something new.

Thanks guys!
Dave

Top Bottom