Creating a "regularly scheduled meeting"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
One of the biggest frustrations for the hosts of the gathering is trying to come to an agreed upon day for the gathering. I want to eliminate that frustration and create a "regular meeting day" or "days". To that end, there are several questions that we need answered by the majority of the group to pick the best day to meet.

1) Every two months? Or every three?

2) Keeping in mind that the gatherings are usually 11am-4pm, which days work for you: Saturday, Sunday, or either?

3) Which weekend of the month works better for your schedule: 1st, 3rd, or 4th? (2nd is the Bay Area Woodturners Assoc meeting, 5th is intermittent)

While not a formal decision question, one thing I'm thinking about is staggering Sat/Sun so people with regular conflicts on those days can at least attend every other meeting. I suppose the need for this will depend on the answer to Q2, but what are your feelings?

Other thought: no matter whether we pick every 2 or 3 months, we probably don't want to try to get a meeting going in December. People are usually just too hectic. So that would mean November is our "trigger month" for scheduling the rest of the year. Thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

three

2) Keeping in mind that the gatherings are usually 11am-4pm, which days work for you: Saturday, Sunday, or either?

Saturdays

3) Which weekend of the month works better for your schedule: 1st, 3rd, or 4th? (2nd is the Bay Area Woodturners Assoc meeting, 5th is intermittent)

third

nava1uni

I like the idea of a regular schedule. I am willing to help put together any of the meetings.

three

Saturdays or Sundays would work for me.

third, because of BAWA meeting

I agree that December would be a difficult month due to people having so many commitments.

TimS124

Either....I'm retired so it's easier to be flexible.

Either....having advanced notice of the date is more likely to get it to fit into my other activities.

Third is fine these days. That used to be when everything tried to happen (Scouting, local fly fishing club's outings, etc).

darcisowers

third weekend every three months sounds good to us in general; but specifically, if we are aiming for a Nov meeting to be our "set point", then third weekend of that month is the 15th/16th - which currently is good for us (where the 22/23 is NOT because we're hoping for a LONG thanksgiving trip this year. :biggrin:) November should be good for us too - because the girls may be finished with their soccer games we've had to plan around.

So then if we back up 3 months and set one in August (16/17), then we will not be back from summer vacation until school is back in session around the 21st of August.

and then going forward 3 months after Nov, to Feb, the third weekend is 21/22; that's at the end of the President's week break - so we might hit ski conflicts!

Another thought: If we claim the weekends ahead of time, then we can leave the Saturday/Sunday option to the host. (or alternate it, or draw straws, whatever)

August, November, February, May - sounds great to me. Still bummed that we missed the last one.

Every 2 months would be great but everyone is crazy busy so every 3 months is probably better for me.

Saturday or Sunday is fine. I like the idea of rotating so everybody has a chance.

No specify weekend or months are better for me. We will be gone end of June to early July but everything else is just usual busy.

Jim Campbell

Every three months sounds good. I'm good with the August suggest, followed by November, etc..

The third weekend of the month also sounds good. The preference would be Saturday, but I'm open.

reefboy1

Hi all,

3 month intervals

Sunday is better at this point because of little league baseball. It's unknown during the summer league what the schedule will be.

Doesn't make a difference to me.

Thanks for putting this together Greg.

BMellber

Let's meet in August

Greg,
Thanks for the survey. 3 month intervals on the 3rd Sat. or Sun. looks like the winner. One problem is the August BAWA meeting is on the 16th (3rd Sat.) due to the ACC show at Fort Mason the 8th thru 10th. The August meeting is our BBQ and tool swap, would the group be willing to meet on the 23rd or 24th of August followed by the 15th of November? Still plenty of time to plan.
Bill

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Ok, it seems like we have made a decision. Every 3 months on the 3rd weekend, specific day to be chosen by the host, with occasional exceptions due to conflicts.

I'll start a new thread for August's meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom