Coming to San Ramon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

Well it looks like we will be closing escrow on a home in San Ramon the end of June. (knock on wood)
I will be driving up Saturday with a trailer and my two dogs. My wife and two kids are already up there. Most of our belongings are packed in PODS and at a storage facility in Benicia. We will be living in a furnished apartment in Pleasanton until around July 6. There are a few remodeling projects for the new house prior to moving in.
One of my biggest challenges will be unpacking the PODS when they are delivered. I had a couple of friends help me in So Cal, but will need some help up there. I can always hire someone to help unload through the PODS company. It is difficult for me to ask for help when I don't really know anyone yet. But, if you might be able to help, I can provide info and delivery times as it gets closer. It is a single level home and I have dollies and a hand truck to make off loading easier. (assuming I can get the right POD delivered first!) there are two PODS completely full and a third one that is half full.

Just thought I would throw it out there. I'm looking forward to the drive up tomorrow to join my family.
Hope to meet many of you soon.

Marty

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I'm up for it. Much better "welcome to the neighborhood" gift than a plate of cookies. And I have a hand truck and an appliance hand-truck if they deliver the wrong pod.

MartinPens

Thanks Greg,

We are settling In at an apartment in Pleasanton. I'm already liking the weather.
I'll keep you posted. If there is a particular day that works best for anyone available, let me know. I will try to coordinate deliveries accordingly.

Marty

MartinPens

Thanks everyone! Willing or slightly unwilling, I will take gratefully accept any help. We hope to close on the 28th of June. Then we have some pre move in remodeling to do, mainly having the popcorn ceilings scraped and redone. It falls on the long holiday weekend. We could start delivery of the first POD on the 6th, but we may hold off until the following weekend of July 13. I will keep you updated. I'm assuming the weekend after July 4 (6,7) would be difficult for most?

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Unfortunately the 6th and 7th are already spoken for in my schedule. But if you do postpone until the 13th I can be there for you.

MartinPens

Thank for the willingness to help!!!
We have just scheduled delivery for the 5th, 6th and 8th.
The first POD on the 5th I can do myself.
The POD on the 6th, I will need help. I'm also recruiting help for the 8th, but may need to hire out since most folks are working.

They call me with a 3 hour window and then the driver usually calls when he's on his way.

That's the best I can do for notice. I can call anyone who can help when it arrives - that way there is no waiting around.

I appreciate any help anyone can provide very much!!

Thanks for the PM, Bill.

Anyone who can help, please PM me and I'll send you my address and phone for contact.

Martin

MartinPens

Thanks Bill and Greg. Cindy, if you PM me your number I can give ya a call. They only give me an estimated window and then the driver calls when he's on his way. I can relay that info when it comes in and those who can help can join the fun. Much of it will be going from the pod into the garage, since we are having wood floors put in. I really appreciate the help. It's strange asking for help from people I haven't actually met yet. But I'll get over it.

KitZ

Hi Martin

I live in San Jose - about 2 h south - but may be able to help a little. PM me and we'll see what we can do

MartinPens

It ON this Saturday. Two PODS to be unloaded. I sure appreciate the help and will contact those who have PM'd me with a phone number or email.

MartinPens

I am so thankful and blessed to be in an area with folks like you. We were amazed at your generosity and flat out hard work. We just can't say enough to thank you. We hope to have the opportunity to show our gratitude in the future!

ldubia

Maritn,
Regretfully, I was unable to come lend a hand. I would have enjoyed meeting you and helping you get moved in. I do look forward to meeting you at our next meeting and seeing firsthand the amazing work you do. Welcome to our playground.

Top Bottom