Chapter Coordinator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
OK folks, IAP management is looking for chapter coordinators for each chapter to work on an upcoming project. We've not had a quorum about who should be elected.

Is there anyone that WANTS the coordinator hat? If so speak up. We need to have a coordinator selected "soon" (I'm targeting next friday).

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

i'm looking for the roles and responsibilities of the Chapter Coordinator. what I have found so far is:
A discussion forum has been set up for chapter leaders to use for planning, exchange of ideas, etc.

I would not mind volunteering for this, as long as there is the understanding that if anyone in the group feels I am not doing the position justice speak up. I know there are those that have been invovled with pen turning much longer than I have. Their knowledge and expertise is priceless.
Greg and Jay have both contributed A LOT to this group since I have been invovled and their insight is priceless. Each one of us has unique talents and ideas that make the NOR/CEN Cal group an awesome bunch of wood turners.

Last edited:

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
From what I can tell, the leader fills in the post about where/when our next meeting is and is a central point of contact for the IAP leadership if they have something they want discussed in the region.

Ahhhh, here is the official post from Don: http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44550
and the quote:
I would like each chapter to assign one member the responsibility of updating the sticky thread "Our Next Meeting" which I have set up in each subforum. The only responsibility will be to update the thread such that all members can find this informations quickly. These threads have been made sticky so they stay near the top of subjects in your subforum.

It isn't about who is the best turner or who is "the boss". It is just a contact agent. A person who is on-line regularly to make updates and receive PMs from IAP mgmt.

Last edited:

nava1uni

I am fine with whoever does this task. I will be the first to admit that my plate is full and I have bouts when I am not online so I will not volunteer for it. This conversation reminds me of one that happened a while ago about chapter leader? For me Greg has been my contact and is the one, who invited me to my first ever pen turning event, but maybe everyone should voice their opinion. Mark, are you going to be going to the Northwest, or will you stay in the area? This should be factored into any decisions.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I'm happy to take on the role. At least for now I'm unemployed so have lots of time and I'm checking the site several times a day. If things change I'll let everyone know and we can decide what to do then.

GK

I would be very happy with either Greg or Mark. Both have shown the attributes a leader should have. I think the local chapter would be lucky to have either of them. If Mark doesn't feel like he is in a position to do it and Greg does, the decision seems like an easy one.

Greg, you have my vote as well as support. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Ken

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Well, start thinking about the next meeting. It is about time to start planning it. We can start a new thread and figure out the what, when, where for this one.

GK

Top Bottom