Challenge for the Sept/Oct meeting:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Well, we didn't get to a demo this meeting so let me just throw a suggestion out there...

How about a "Turned Coffee Scoop" challenge? Normally a "Coffee scoop" is two tablespoons but for this all we will care about is a turned scoop. If you are looking for a real challenge, do a full set of measuring spoons.

Thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave_M

Hey guys! Sorry I've been off the grid lately but I'm back and turning wood. This looks like an interesting challenge. I'll have to read up on it and see what I can turn out.

Dave_M

I did a quick search on Google for turning a coffee scoop and there be a link to IAP from 2008. A redwood coffee scoop turning from Greg. I thought, 2008?, Greg's been around here a long time. Then I realized how long I've been around IAP. Hard to imagine I've been doing this so long and I started with a very small Turncrafter lathe. Time flies.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I did a quick search on Google for turning a coffee scoop and there be a link to IAP from 2008. A redwood coffee scoop turning from Greg. I thought, 2008?, Greg's been around here a long time. Then I realized how long I've been around IAP. Hard to imagine I've been doing this so long and I started with a very small Turncrafter lathe. Time flies.

We're getting old, Dave. Time keeps on slipping slipping slipping into the future.

That has been the only coffee scoop I've made. I'm going to try making a different kind of jamb-chuck for this one. Having the scoop flying across the room multiple times just was too scary!

ldubia

We're getting old, Dave. Time keeps on slipping slipping slipping into the future.

That has been the only coffee scoop I've made. I'm going to try making a different kind of jamb-chuck for this one. Having the scoop flying across the room multiple times just was too scary!

And miss all the excitement?

Top Bottom