'bout time for another get together, no?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave_M

Thank you Mark. If you have time to get me 2 of the MC-7 molds that would be great.

Very much appreciated.
Dave

stopped by TAP on the way to work today.
the prices are
MC 7 - $3.25 plus tax (3" x 5" by 1 1/16")
MC 8 - $4.95 plus tax (3" x 6" by 1 1/16")

let me know before 9:00 AM Friday June 5 (they are only open Mon - Fri) and I'll pick up your request and bring them on Sunday; you can pay at the shin ding.

Dave_M

Thank you Mark. I'm eagerly awaiting tomorrow's get together. I'll be riding over via hwy 49 mucho early so I can play in the hills a few hours before dropping down into Oakdale. See you guys in the morning.

markgum

and it should be moderate weather also. loading up my jeep tonight with some wood; and I need to find a bagel with locks :biggrin: for Jay.

gomeral

Aarrrrrggghh! :curse: I just tonight (6th) saw this thread. I've been spending the last 10 minutes trying to figure out if I can make it, but I must admit that I can't. *sigh*

The boy (who, btw, is wonderful) has taken up so much time, I've done almost no turning these last several months. And then this weekend, my father-in-law, whom I've not seen in 9 years, shows up to meet his grandson. We have brunch tomorrow morning with him and his wife, and I don't think I can get out of it.

Man, I'm really sad I'm missing it, but here's a little someone you guys can be sorry you're not going to get to meet this time around... :tongue:

daniel

Attachments

• Connor_Week_June1 021.jpg
    Connor_Week_June1 021.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 149

markgum

THANKS TO ALL FOR A GREAT ACTIVITY. THESE get to gethers are awesome. So much information exchanged.
Jay thanks for the great demo on Casting, I'm putting my notes together will post them.
Thanks Greg for bringing your VFR. Now, I can start building one.
thanks Nolan for the explanation on winged bowls.
and a GREAT BIG THANKS to Nolan, and his family for hosting the event. THANK YOU. Photos coming soon.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Everyone, that was AWESOME

Here are a few pictures I took.

Jay's casting demo

BBVille-2009060601.jpg

BBVille-2009060602.jpg

BBVille-2009060603.jpg

BBVille-2009060604.jpg

BBVille-2009060605.jpg

oh oh a few people have caught the casting bug!!

BBVille-2009060606.jpg

BBVille-2009060607.jpg

BBVille-2009060608.jpg

BBVille-2009060610.jpg

Nolan and his "Winged Bowl" discussion.

BBVille-2009060611.jpg

BBVille-2009060612.jpg

BBVille-2009060613.jpg

Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of the Good Eats (tm) because I was too busy eating. But we had burgers, dogs, 'tater salad, some of Cozee's "Atomic Buffalo Turds", cherry pie, brownies, and other goodies. Here is a bit of after-lunch chit chat and the "Nolan supply raid". Keep your wallets ready, when Nolan releases his new shipment of Honduran Rosewood Burl you will be drooling on your keyboard as you happily empty your wallets into the " li'l Nolan College Fund".

BBVille-2009060614.jpg

That's all I have from today. Jennifer and Mark took more pictures so hopefully they will be able to post up soon.

GK

nava1uni

It was a great get together. Thanks to Jay for the teaching session on casting with Alumilite. I learned a lot. Nolan and his family for extending his hospitality and home for this get together. Also for his explanation of winged bowl turning, least not forget his beautiful!!! blanks and burls.
As usual, it was nice to put faces together with the IAP handles and to share tips and tricks. I always leave having learned a lot and having a great time. Thanks to all who came and thanks for the pictures Greg.
Have an answer as to why the blanks were still soft. They were the blanks using the Water Clear mixed with the Crystal Clear.

John M

I had a good time and learned alot. Now I need to step up my game for the next one and bring some good pieces.

gomeral

Wow, the pictures and everything make me insanely jealous that I missed out. I hope I get to make the next one and meet everyone!

daniel

nava1uni

Bought some of that beautiful burl from Nolan and turned a winged bowl. It actually turned out well. I posted a picture in "other things we make". I think that I will work on making the wings thinner next time. You have to be careful that your fingers don't get smacked by the wings as the burl is spinning off center.

Top Bottom