'bout time for another get together, no?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave_M

I have something else planned for the 7th, but a get together at Nolan's. That's like telling a kid he can hang out at the Wonka Chocolate factory for a few hours. I just sold my highest priced pen to date and I have money burning a serious hole in my pocket. I'm leaning towards bailing out of my other scheduled activity in favor of a play day at Nolan's.

markgum

I have something else planned for the 7th, but a get together at Nolan's. That's like telling a kid he can hang out at the Wonka Chocolate factory for a few hours. I just sold my highest priced pen to date and I have money burning a serious hole in my pocket. I'm leaning towards bailing out of my other scheduled activity in favor of a play day at Nolan's.

PLAY DAY..NOT! ! ! . :eek:
It is an opportunity to enhance the establishment of a solid business venture in the discussion of selective wood turning..

nava1uni

It turns out that there is another event, a wedding that, my family is attending. What time will this start and when do you think it will end? May be I can be real social and do both events. The wedding is not until evening. Let me know.

markgum

I would venture the time would be up to the host. If we do have it at Nolan's summer is creeping into the central valley so sun screen might be necessary.

Nolan

OK dont care which day, we can even move it back a week if that helps the group. I would prefer to do it kinda early as it will be hot in June. Also what does everyone think about doing a winged bowl demo?? BTW after you get a demo I will have tons of them for sale for going home and turning them on your Mini lathes, or big lathe if you want to buy big ones.:biggrin:

DSCN5668.jpg

DSCN5670.jpg

9ish is better for me since it is about an hour and a half. I would bring donuts but they would probably be gone when I got there.

Nolan, do you still have any of the Honduran Rosewood burl?

Ken

avbill

Party at Nolans

Date 7th of June
Time Start at 0900 AM
Where Nolan's but what is the address
Oakdale is a big / small town!

Bring Molds from Tap Plastic either MC& or MC8
Bring Food ? Right Like a pot luck?

It will nice to see the group again!

Nolan

OK the 7th 9ish and I will BRQ lunch say like hambergers and hotdogs and maybe potato salid or something. If you want bring something that you want or goes with simple BRQ food.
AS FAR AS ADDRESS PM ME IF YOU HAVENT BEEN TO THE HOUSE AND I WILL FORWARD ADDRESS / MAP

Date 7th of June
Time Start at 0900 AM
Where Nolan's but what is the address
Oakdale is a big / small town!

Bring Molds from Tap Plastic either MC& or MC8
Bring Food ? Right Like a pot luck?

It will nice to see the group again!

Dave_M

does anyone want to make rose petal blanks

I have some petals already dried let me know

Oh... Now you have my interest Jay. Thank you very much. We don't have a Tap Plastics around here, but I think there are some post on this forum about making molds from other materials. I'll do a search and see what I find.

Any other suggestions from you masters of the mold that would be good for us amateurs to try our first time out?

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Dave,
You can make a mold out of anything. Buy a nice thick plastic cutting board and then screw it together into a mold. Use chunks of wood and wax paper. Buy walmart round Ice cube trays (for casting flame-like blanks and simple swirls). PVC pipe (for the same). Buy some tubes of silicone caulk, lay down three blanks side by side, wrap them in wax paper and cover with a thick coat of silicone, let dry.

Any of those work. I think the cutting boards are the most common among those who make their own moulds for casting square blanks.

GK

markgum

Dave et all;
if you want I can stop by TAP plastics in Stockton this week and pick up some of the molds suggested by Jay.
let me know which one you would like. My job is only a few blocks from there and I'm working the late shift this week so I can go before work and pick them up.

markgum

stopped by TAP on the way to work today.
the prices are
MC 7 - $3.25 plus tax (3" x 5" by 1 1/16")
MC 8 - $4.95 plus tax (3" x 6" by 1 1/16")

let me know before 9:00 AM Friday June 5 (they are only open Mon - Fri) and I'll pick up your request and bring them on Sunday; you can pay at the shin ding.

John M

I hope there will be a couple 3d blanks to purchase there. I really want to try one of those. I have a stopper kit here waiting for something cool.

Top Bottom