Any interest in domestic hardwood scraps?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darcisowers

we are doing a big garage cleanup/re-org and are going thru the wood pile.

If anyone is interested, we can bring our bin of mostly maple/cherry/walnut cutoffs to the next meeting (whenever that ends up being).

We also have two boxes of misc pen blanks to donate to whomever wants them. Do we have any newbies coming?

Seems wasteful to just pitch it all.

MrWright

Passed Away Oct 12, 2022
In Memoriam
Just as a thought would you have any of those cutoff pieces to be 5 inch wide or larger? I have a ring-master lathe and can make bowls out of them. A 5" square board would make a 4 1/2' wide bowl. I might even be able to bring my RM to a club meeting and demo some, just a thought. I am in Lockeford. Frank

pesto126

always happy to take nice blanks off your hand and happy to pay shipping to MA... let me know if you are ok sending these outside of your local area.. if you prefer to just hold them for the locals - totally cool and understand. Just trying to get started and would love some free wood to use. Thx!

darcisowers

Frank,

I can't recall if we have anything 5" or wider.... but we're having a meeting on Saturday if you're interested in coming down. Check the October meeting thread for more detail.

And Pesto126, what would you be interested in? We can stock up a flatrate box for you. ;-)

Last edited:
Top Bottom