You gotta love phone calls like this

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I was sitting at a red light, and noticed that my cell phone had gone dead. As most of you know, I do not keep track of my cell phone very well, and have been known to promptly return messages almost a month later....LOL....

So anyways, I plugged the phone up, and over the course of the day, the phone charged. On my way back from lunch, I noticed a message and checked my messages.

One of the calls is from a tree service owner who has a yard that they bring the logs into to haul off for "trash". Over the last 6 months I have been trying to get over to this place every other weekend, or at least once a month to cut up some very nice logs into bowl blanks. I have cut up some very large maple, cherry, and some ambrosia sycamore. The message started out "Robert I have quite a bit of cherry here, and most of it is beautiful stuff....." . I am hoping it all is burls...LOL.....So this weekend, if you hear a chainsaw running in the rain.....I am not too far from you....

If any of you are looking for some bowl blanks, I will be happy to bring some cherry for those who turn bowls to our next meeting. YOU MUST LET ME KNOW HERE if you are interested. I will bring some to the next meeting to share.....If you dont turn bowls, I will bring half logs, so you can mill these out to whatever you like....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russell Eaton

Count me in Robert. I will take what I can get. I will be at Rockler doing a pen demo in the morning, I could help in the afternoon if you need. Just let me know. Thanks Russell

MorganGrafixx

I am VERY interested!!! Only problem is, I have never had success in hollow turning. I would love to take the opportunity to have some first hand tutoring from the master.

DrBills

I am very interested! I want to add bowls and boxes to my skill set and could surely use some pieces. Thanks and what do you like to drink?

Bill

Fred

Robert, are you making up a list of recipients, or is it going to be first come, first to grab?

If you are taking reservations I would like to add my name to a good sized chunk about 6"x8-10" or so if they come that size. Now to get a ride to the show ... strokes kinda hinder one's ability to drive safely ya know. :biggrin:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ok, I have enough of this cut up so that I can fulfill the wishes here. I will probably have a few extra pieces left over for those who would like a piece and have not reserved a piece here. I have cut these into half logs, and waxed the ends. See everyone on the 2nd.

Lee K

I didnt check this in time, so I may be too late ... but I'd love to turn some cherry!

The only green cherry I had gotten so far was pretty small stuff! I'll be there on the 2nd. :biggrin:

Top Bottom