WOW, WOW, WOW!! What can I Say... - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > Georgia
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Georgia (Formerly the Southeast US chapter)

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default WOW, WOW, WOW!! What can I Say...

Well, I just got home and emptied the truck, and sitting here at my keyboard, the only thing I can still say is WOW!

You folks sure are not the most active on the boards, but the support and the turn out today was absolutely FANTABULOUS!!! I could not have asked for a better turnout!

Robin just downloaded her pictures off of her camera, and we will begin posting them out here tomorrow. I will also do a full run down on the skinny of who, what, when and where...and you know who the guilty are <Perry>!

For those who were unable to attend, we had over 30 people from the local area (some folks from Alabama even sneaked in <Mike>, but they had the same accent as we did so we let him stay) that are registered with the IAP, another 10 or so who were new, but going to join the group, and probably another 10-12 who just popped in to see what all the excitement was about.

By the time the folks had stopped in and piled up the free blanks and trade blanks, the Jorgensen work bench was groaning under the weight from all of the free stuff and traded blanks. I hope everyone brings back some pens made with the free stuff and the traded blanks.

I cannot wait till the March 21st meeting! Again thanks to all of the folks who turned out! Those who have to live vicariously through us, we will post pictures and share all the fun and excitement!

I hope everyone has a great holiday season, and again thanks for the support today!

Covington, GA
Rojo22 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-20-2008, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 2

OK, I admit I was initially not going to respond to this post, but after being admonished earlier in the day, I'll go ahead and pipe in here. (there, are you happy Robert? )

As for the comment about Alabamans and their accent, I need to point out that Constant was the one from the DEEP South! And his accent was a little bit different than everyone else's!

Thanks again, everyone - I had a GRRRR8 time!
Old 12-20-2008, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRB View Post
I need to point out that Constant was the one from the DEEP South! And his accent was a little bit different than everyone else's!
This is what make this country the best in the world ( I have been to a few countries)
Thanks for a great event!
I unfortunately had to leave early.
It was nice meeting a great bunch of fellow pen turners.
If any person have some questions about the inlay kits please feel free to give me a call at 770 891 2301 or visit my site.
Constant Laubscher is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2008, 11:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sorry I missed you today Constant. It was good to see the guys today.
www.boonerings.com
btboone is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-20-2008, 11:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Also posted to Steve \o/ earlier post ....

Well, I had to miss the show due to my stroke related problems giving me fits this week. I know you all had a blast shaking each other's paws and such.

Hopefully I will be able to get out and about for the meeting in March. I'm really sorry I was not there to meet you all this time around.

Really glad to read that you all had a wonderful time and enjoyed yourselves immensely.

" The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -Thomas Jefferson"
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Sorry we missed you Fred. Hopefully the next one.
www.boonerings.com
btboone is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-21-2008, 01:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

Big Hats off to the crew at Woodcraft for a NICE facility and to Robert for doing most if not all the leg work to make the meeting happen. It sure is nice to put faces with screen names.

Mike G.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 262

You are are right Robert WOW,WOW,WOW, just about sums it up.
What an awesome pleasure to meet all those who attended ( I won`t dare try to name them all). I left with some great blanks and wonderful new friends.

Just a special thanks to Robert who put this together, You did an outstanding job.

Thanks again.

Perry Bridges
Buchanan,Georgia
www.perryspens.com
Some folk have something to say,others have to say something.
papaturner is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-21-2008, 01:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Photos: 9

Just chiming in with another WOW! I almost missed it but I'm so glad I showed up. I met a great group of people, and it ws nice to mbe in a room full of other pen folks. I've got to get busy turning some pens before the next meeting. I've got a bag full of blanks just wanting for kits now.

Thanks Robert for pulling this all together. You did a great job.
Ben

"I've read about the bog people before, but I'm not sure they would make very good pens."
davinci27 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-21-2008, 06:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Photos: 1

one more wow and thanks to all who made this happen! sorry,fred, maybe next time,i hope.:)---ron.---
Logged on members can hide ads