Welcome to the NEW Southeast US Forum!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
My apologies to VisExp and Davinci27! You have been added to the OFFICIAL list. If anyone has interest in the group and was left off the list, or you are new and have not let me know of your interest, please let me know!

GoodTurns

Wandered around Helen a bit. I consider myself a really mediocre to fair (on a good day!) turner, but I was amazed and shocked at some small woodturning items that were for sale in a store in Helen. My God!!! The stuff that I make, screw up, and throw out was better than that stuff. Somebody needs to teach that turner about sandpaper and finishing items, not using a scraper to hollow items out, and finally turning and finishing the bottom of items instead of just sticking green felt on the bottom of everything! Seeing his junk made me feel so much better about my efforts. It gave me a whole new lease on life, at least for my turning.

I KNOW THAT SHOP!!! My family spent a couple of days in Helen over the summer and found this nice looking shop with pens and such on display... The owner kept telling us about his exotic woods and the fabulous finishes he used (Mylands, maybe)! Jeremy and I had a hard time keeping straight faces!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Andy we got ya down!

Everyone, I have been a little slower than normal getting some stuff out here, but my new job is kind of busy right now, so not a bunch of time to get what needs to be out here. I am hoping that this weekend will be a good time to get some of this stuff done. Be on the lookout for some new info!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ron

I share your frustration. Have not had the type of free time I was used to, but am making an effort to get the information here. It has just taken longer. I am hoping to have something up in the next few days.

Thanks

Robert

mikegibs

Hey Rojo,

Love to be added to the list of Georgia Boys... Moved from Stockbridge to Roswell over the summer and have been away from the sight until now. Love seeing what everyone is doing.

Thanks, Mike G.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ok everyone, exciting news is just around the corner. I will be posting some exciting details this evening about some future activities, and the potential for a stellar showcase for all of our work to be acknowledged in public. For those of you who would be interested in participating in a board meeting to decide how to elect a President and Vice President, please let me know. I would love to have as many participate who would like to. Details to follow. I would like to get a "conference" call together using a form of free phone Internet service so those not in the immediate area could also participate. I will also send some info out on that later this evening. Sorry for being cryptic, but I have to run back to a conference room for work. If you are interested in the "board" meeting please respond here, or send me a private message or email. Thanks!

Top Bottom