Welcome to the NEW Southeast US Forum!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Lou!

If you are interested in helping shape the club and it's agenda, please leave a note in this forum. By the end of the week, I will be looking for folks who are interested in holding positions inside of the club. If you do not want to hold a position, that is ok too, please let us know your interest here, and we will contact you!

Thanks again Lou for setting our Forum up for the Southeast US Chapter of the IAP!

Steve Busey

I'll keep my eyes in here, but barely have time to wipe my nose these days, so will have to pass on the "positions" for now.

Skye

We should probably have a sticky in here that's updated as we learn each member and their location. SE is a big area.

I'm in the same time crunch as everyone else, but if you need some shoes filled let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I have heard that some Florida folks may try to get a Chapter together. Until that time you are welcome to fall in under the Southeast umbrella. We would like to represent anyone who is in the Southeast (this would include Florida until another club covers it specifically), but we certainly do not want to crowd anyone out.

I would like to look at your map if you think SE Florida would be considered part of the NY or NJ area...>LOL<

Skye

Well, the running gag is that everyone from New York and New Jersey eventually retire and move to Florida.

Jim Smith

Count me in. My job requires quite a bit of travel, sometimes at a moments notice so I'm not sure I can committ to hold an official position, but I certainly want to join and will gladly help out in any way I can.

Jim Smith
Conyers, Georgia

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
North Carolina is welcome to the club if there is nothing else that will cover you! You might have to drink sweet tea at meetings though.....We would love to have you along!

Skye

I'll bring Newcastle Brown Ales so long as I'm not turning... at a high speed.. with someone else's sharp tools.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
MOST of the time, eh...? Just for that, we'll bring the drinks - PEPSI!!!

GACK! PEPSI....better not get caught coming over the border with that stuff...LOL...

Ok, so far we have heard from folks in Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, and if the Florida club does not have enough members to go solo, we open our arms up to them as well.

Alabama is welcome to chime in here as well! Heck, if you know what a cat head biscuit, cracklin', and soppin' are, I dont care where you are from, you are welcome here! Just dont bring any PEPSI...LOL...

I will get some additional details out this weekend about some ideas that have been generated. The information may be out Sunday, as the Southern States Symposium is this weekend, and I will be attending.

Please keep posting your interests, and if you feel like you could serve in some capacity within the club.

bitshird

Where is the clubhouse going to be? some where in north east Bama would be kind of central to a lot of us, I was hoping some one would get things rolling in TN. there's about 10 or 12 that I can think of

GaryMGg

North Central Florida here; I'd try to make it to Macon or Atlanta if time/$/work permit. Of course, I've hosted the NCF Bubbsaville twice in my shop and had folk from as far as TX and Camden, SC. :biggrin:

steve542

Happy to Join In

RoJo et al,

Thanks for telling me about the chapter organization at the Unicoi Woodturning Symposium. My wife and I just returned home. Wandered around Helen a bit. I consider myself a really mediocre to fair (on a good day!) turner, but I was amazed and shocked at some small woodturning items that were for sale in a store in Helen. My God!!! The stuff that I make, screw up, and throw out was better than that stuff. Somebody needs to teach that turner about sandpaper and finishing items, not using a scraper to hollow items out, and finally turning and finishing the bottom of items instead of just sticking green felt on the bottom of everything! Seeing his junk made me feel so much better about my efforts. It gave me a whole new lease on life, at least for my turning.

Back to the topic, sorry fellows. I will be happy to join a penturning group and would be willing to help in some menial non-stress capacity.

Steve S. in Atlanta

mick

I guess I'll be the first from Alabama to chime in. Same time constraints as most everyone else but I'll help if I can!

bitshird

Adamsville Tennesee is friggin 9 hours away?

Skye, that's why I was hoping someone would start a Tennessee chapter, There's three members in Memphis, there's 1 up in the NW corner, He's closer to Mo. and the central area of the state has 3 or 4 and a whole slew of pen makers over near Knoxville and the east side of the state, The 9 hour drive is a bear used to do it 3 times a month,

leehljp

Member Liaison
Skye, that's why I was hoping someone would start a Tennessee chapter, There's three members in Memphis, there's 1 up in the NW corner, He's closer to Mo. and the central area of the state has 3 or 4 and a whole slew of pen makers over near Knoxville and the east side of the state, The 9 hour drive is a bear used to do it 3 times a month,

Hey, I would like to be an honorary SE member for a couple of years - until retirement, at which time I will return to my home in NW MS, just outside of the Memphis area. I will keep watching this section.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Hey, I would like to be an honorary SE member for a couple of years - until retirement, at which time I will return to my home in NW MS, just outside of the Memphis area. I will keep watching this section.

Hank

We would LOVE to have you as a FULL FLEDGED member! The logo is gonna look a little funny though with the Southeast states and just below it a picture of Japan...LOL...Maybe Florida can Annex it as a new Key?

We will keep the light on for ya, and we will make certain we include you in on anything we do....

Domo Ya'll!

Last edited:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Hank

We would LOVE to have you as a FULL FLEDGED member! The logo is gonna look a little funny though with the Southeast states and just below it a picture of Japan...LOL...Maybe Florida can Annex it as a new Key?

We will keep the light on for ya, and we will make certain we include you in on anything we do....

Domo Ya'll!

Arigato! :biggrin: I'll be watchin' this forum!

scoutharps

I'm in, as far as my schedule will let me. I'm in Mid TN, just south of Nashville, and there's another lady--Judy?-- in Nashville, so I vote we have our meetings there! You wouldn't want us poor helpless females to have to drive long distances would you? I mean come on, what happened to Southern Chivalry? Or at least keeping us off the road with shopping around! <vbg> Besides, I know where the best ice cream places in M'boro are! And I can give good opinions on where to ride your bike while in the area.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Calling all interested parties!!!

Southeast Chapter Participants

Ok, here is who has replied with interest and from where. If you are interested in the Southeast Chapter and have not posted a thread, please let me know and I will add your name to the list. If the Florida folks could weigh in and let me know if they still would like to be considered, I would appreciate it. The list below contains an exciting 34 names! This does not include 3 or 4 more that I know about, but have not posted yet.

I will send out a long and detailed email about exciting plans and some opportunities over the next few days.

Thanks

Robert

South Carolina
Hewunch
Skye
Fiferb

North Carolina
Rcflyer23
Rstought
*thewishman (honorary member ONLY when club meeting is held at Bruce's!)

Georgia
Rojo22
SRB
Papaturner
Jim Smith
Btboone
Ronhampton
Fred
DocStram
Bill Arnold
Steve542
Reddwil