turning tools

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reddwil

Hey guys

Wanted to throw this out to our Georgia members first. I had an elderly gentleman who lives down the road give me a box full of his old turning tools. There were a couple good named brand tools but the rest are the cheap ones and I have to many as it is. They would be great for someone just starting out on a budget or if someone wanted to make a specialty tool of some sort. Most all of them need some work like sharpening and regrinding the angles. Looks like he used a hand grinder to sharpen. If anyone wants them(FREE), I'll bring them to the meeting next month or we can make other arrangements. I can post a pic if anyone wants.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reddwil

There are two parting tools Steve. You could try and get them that thin. Just food for thought. I made a thin parting tool out of a Stanley putty knife. Works great.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you for the offer of the tools. I do not currently have anyone that I can think of that could use the tools, but we can certainly keep looking, or you can bring them into the next meeting in JUNE and some of the members can identify needs.

Top Bottom