Turn for the Troops at WOODCRAFT NOV 11 and 12

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Please make an effort to support our local Woodcraft store (our meeting area), by helping them out on November 11th and 12th. They will be hosting the turning for troops at the store. Below is the verbiage from Steve and his group at Woodcraft. If you have any questions, give Steve and them a call at the store:

And speaking of Turning, mark your calendar for a two-day Turn for the Troops Turnathon next Friday and Saturday, November 11-12. We celebrate every Veterans Day with a store-sponsored effort to produce writing pens that will be sent to our Military Service Members serving overseas. It's our way of saying thanks.

Come on in and turn a pen or ten that you can send overseas with your thanks and special message. No experience required--we'll help you learn and get started. It's fun for the whole family!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Heck I went by on Friday and ended up with 4200$ lathe in the truck. I need intervention...

"Hello, my name is Russell, and I'm a toolaholic..."

"Hi Russell!"

Nice score, though. You gonna bring it to the next meeting for show and tell? :tongue:

Uh yeah, I am sure Steve LOVES that kind of support! What the heck did you end up with an Anniversary Edition of the Powermatic?

Russell Eaton

Heck I went by on Friday and ended up with 4200$ lathe in the truck. I need intervention...

"Hi Russell!"

Nice score, though. You gonna bring it to the next meeting for show and tell? :tongue:

Uh yeah, I am sure Steve LOVES that kind of support! What the heck did you end up with an Anniversary Edition of the Powermatic?
Yep the black beast is in the basement with a 19 1/2" elm blank on it right now... I just got it trued up. It turns like a dream.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader

"Hi Russell!"

Yep the black beast is in the basement with a 19 1/2" elm blank on it right now... I just got it trued up. It turns like a dream.

UGGGHH>......I am really happy for you....I am turning green, but I am very happy for you.....LOL....Is it a 3520B or a 4224?

Russell Eaton

"Hi Russell!"

UGGGHH>......I am really happy for you....I am turning green, but I am very happy for you.....LOL....Is it a 3520B or a 4224?
3520b. I am not sure if they made the 4224 in black. The 1642 is nice but that black beast is a workhorse. After 2 35 gal. trashcans of shavings I finally got the rpm to 450. :rolleyes:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader

"Hi Russell!"

3520b. I am not sure if they made the 4224 in black. The 1642 is nice but that black beast is a workhorse. After 2 35 gal. trashcans of shavings I finally got the rpm to 450. :rolleyes:

LOL...Man you get a great lathe, and you go and start turning miniatures on us....LOL....

Top Bottom