Turn for the Troops THIS WEEKEND

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Hello everyone

In an attempt to support our meeting location, I wanted to pass this information along, please make a note, they will NOT BE TURNING ON SATURDAY, but they will be for Friday, Sunday and Monday. Stop by and make sure you represent us!!!

Thanks

Robert

From Woodcraft:

And Friday, Sunday and Monday we'll be conducting another Turn for the Troops Turnathon in the Woodcraft Atlanta Learning Center. We invite all with an interest to come in a Turn Pens for the Troops. Lathes, tools and materials will be provided.

If you're an experienced pen turner, we need your help. If you're a newcomer to the hobby of pen turning, but want to give it a try, come on in. We'll have folks available to show you how.

All pens produced will be packaged with your name and comments and sent to the men and women serving our country overseas as a token of our appreciation.

If you're unable to make our turn-a-thon, but would still like to help by preparing blanks for the event or by droping off any pens, you can contribute at the by bringing these to the store -- 8560 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Roswell.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Steve Busey

Hello everyone

In an attempt to support our meeting location, I wanted to pass this information along, please make a note, they will NOT BE TURNING ON SATURDAY, but they will be for Friday, Sunday and Monday. Stop by and make sure you represent us!!!

Thanks
Robert

Robert, any chance you're going to be at Woodcraft on Monday? I have several waterfowl books by later cousin-in-law used for his carving inspirations. I can bring them by so you can share them with your carving groups. have a big chunk of balsa to go with the books, if I can remember where I put it...:confused:

papaturner

Hello everyone

Thanks

Robert

From Woodcraft:

And Friday, Sunday and Monday we'll be conducting another Turn for the Troops Turnathon in the Woodcraft Atlanta Learning Center. We invite all with an interest to come in a Turn Pens for the Troops. Lathes, tools and materials will be provided.

If you're an experienced pen turner, we need your help. If you're a newcomer to the hobby of pen turning, but want to give it a try, come on in. We'll have folks available to show you how.

All pens produced will be packaged with your name and comments and sent to the men and women serving our country overseas as a token of our appreciation.

If you're unable to make our turn-a-thon, but would still like to help by preparing blanks for the event or by droping off any pens, you can contribute at the by bringing these to the store -- 8560 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Roswell.

Robert, It does not appear that the " War Dept." will allow me the opportunity
to be there so if you will turn one for me:biggrin:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Robert, any chance you're going to be at Woodcraft on Monday? I have several waterfowl books by later cousin-in-law used for his carving inspirations. I can bring them by so you can share them with your carving groups. have a big chunk of balsa to go with the books, if I can remember where I put it...:confused:

Steve

Dad and I will be there on Friday sometime in the morning, at least that is the plan as of now. If you would like, you can put that in a box, and give it to one of the guys in the store and I will pick it up next week. Thanks for the stuff!

Robert

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader

I am not sure I posses the talent to turn a pen "and put your name on it" and do a good enough job! I will turn one, and write the name illegible(to protect the innocent from the war dept.)...LOL....that way nobody blames you...LOL....

Hope to see some folks come by during the weekend, please represent us!

papaturner

I am not sure I posses the talent to turn a pen "and put your name on it" and do a good enough job! I will turn one, and write the name illegible(to protect the innocent from the war dept.)...LOL....that way nobody blames you...LOL....

Hope to see some folks come by during the weekend, please represent us!

Thanks I knew I could count on you:biggrin:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Dad and I made it up to Woodcraft on Friday around the 11am time slot, saw a few of the regulars there. We finished up 10 pens between us, there might actually be a picture of them.

Great thanks go out to all who participated! If you were there, let the group know!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
EXCELLENT! I know they were trying for a total of 330 or so, I am hoping they made the number they were looking for. Friday when we were there was pretty busy, so I am hoping Sunday and Monday went just as well!

Top Bottom